Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jersey City, NJ, USA
First Name
adam
Last Name
borchardt
Member #

I was suppose to go to Drummond Island at the end of July begining of August with an overland group in Ohio. They decided to postpone the trip and hit the UP. I really want to experience Drummond Island. It looks amazing. August is the best time to go cause the bugs aren't as bad. I planned to leave NJ on 7/30 or 7/31 and might do some camping in NW P.A, which would be a good meet up spot for anyone comming from the NE area, in one of the state forrest. That way the trip up isn't forced into one day. Once there, take the ORV roads to an undetermined camp spot most likely next to the beach and do basecamp style camping. Id like to hit up the trails and take part in a ton of outdoor activities the island has to offer such as kayaking and snorkeling. I think i'll make this a week long trip give or take but ofcourse anyone can leave or go as they please. If anyone is interested there is a 15 dollar fee for the drive on ferry and a permit is required for the island. I will definitley be going so let me know if you are interested and we can plan a route.images%20(1).jpegimages.jpeghqdefault.jpgaerial.jpgferry-service.jpgDrummond-Island-6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using OB Talk mobile app

Chris Radalia

Rank V
Launch Member

Member I

Canton, Ohio
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Radalia
Member #

I'm in progress of planning a trip up through Michigan's UP this late summer. Aug. or Sept. We are doing a 3-4 trip from Ohio thru Michigan, the UP and back down through Wisconsin to home rounding the lake. Taking some old logging roads and getting alot of sites in along the way. Plan to do some Mtn biking too. This area sounds awesome too. I'll have to keep this in mind. - Chris

popeye1128

Rank 0

Traveler I

Grand Junction, Mesa County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Evan
Last Name
Fenstemaker
Member #

I was suppose to go to Drummond Island at the end of July begining of August with an overland group in Ohio. They decided to postpone the trip and hit the UP. I really want to experience Drummond Island. It looks amazing. August is the best time to go cause the bugs aren't as bad. I planned to leave NJ on 7/30 or 7/31 and might do some camping in NW P.A, which would be a good meet up spot for anyone comming from the NE area, in one of the state forrest. That way the trip up isn't forced into one day. Once there, take the ORV roads to an undetermined camp spot most likely next to the beach and do basecamp style camping. Id like to hit up the trails and take part in a ton of outdoor activities the island has to offer such as kayaking and snorkeling. I think i'll make this a week long trip give or take but ofcourse anyone can leave or go as they please. If anyone is interested there is a 15 dollar fee for the drive on ferry and a permit is required for the island. I will definitley be going so let me know if you are interested and we can plan a route.View attachment 47859View attachment 47860View attachment 47861View attachment 47862View attachment 47863View attachment 47864

I am located about 40 miles east of Toledo, Ohio and would be interested in a trip up to Drummond. You will be passing right through my town on your way there.

Reactions: Adam Borchardt

Adam Borchardt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jersey City, NJ, USA
First Name
adam
Last Name
borchardt
Member #

I am located about 40 miles east of Toledo, Ohio and would be interested in a trip up to Drummond. You will be passing right through my town on your way there.
Great. If you have any recommendations of stops to make or stuff to do on the island i'd love to hear them.

Adam Borchardt

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Jersey City, NJ, USA
First Name
adam
Last Name
borchardt
Member #

Slowly planning the trip up to DI. Doing a ton of research so my ideas are always changing. I think im going to break the drive up into two days and stop at Allegheny state forrest in P.A to take a break roughly half way. Sleep over night and get up early to try and get to drummond island and meeting up with those joining along the way. Probably shooting for the ferry around 3 -5pm. Then grab a quick dinner at Northwood Restraunt and bar. get to know eachother and discuss. There is a grocery store across the street for anything you may need last minute or so. Then we set off down the OHV trails ( which will eventually get more specifics) in the direction of marble head. When we find a good area set up camp there hang out for the night with beers around a fire. Next day i say we head towards the beach. Camp there for a couple days. Then explore more and camp another couple days. And throw in some possible kayak days and one possible trip back to town to get supplies if needed. There is still more things ill be looking into. Id like to explore the off road trails as much as we can. A night trail ride could be cool. But basically im shooting for arrival to Drummond Island on the 1st of August and leaving on the 7th of August and then i will be heading to Mid Atlantic Overland festival in P.A on my way back to NJ. I hope those that join also have coms as well to make the journey more fun.