El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS
To download square by square isn't that user friendly. Since we can do Plan a Trip, it will be good to just say "download area where the trip is planned.

Additionally it will be great if people can download entire states. Warning about data, but if people have the space to download it, let them doing it. Otherwise people sitting on the phone for a long time just to do square by square the download.

I was for instance on a tour from Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas. California side and Nevada side, 395, 95 etc. I would have needed a long time to download that trip so I just didn't do it. Used another app that allowed me a download by State, even I don't like that app feature wise better than OB1.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
To download square by square isn't that user friendly. Since we can do Plan a Trip, it will be good to just say "download area where the trip is planned.

Additionally it will be great if people can download entire states. Warning about data, but if people have the space to download it, let them doing it. Otherwise people sitting on the phone for a long time just to do square by square the download.

I was for instance on a tour from Lake Tahoe to Las Vegas. California side and Nevada side, 395, 95 etc. I would have needed a long time to download that trip so I just didn't do it. Used another app that allowed me a download by State, even I don't like that app feature wise better than OB1.
OK - thank you!

Agreed! We are releasing an improvement to map downloads currently. In the next day or so. Now, when you tap on the download button, you can size the download square however you like. I think that gets you 80% of the way there, but we will also be addressing your other recommendations. I really like the suggestion of downloading around your route!

This will take a little time, but we'll get it done. Please let me know of any other recommendations/suggestions you have - happy to hear it!

M

Reactions: OBB

OBB

Rank VII

Pioneer II

El Dorado Hills, El Dorado County, California, United States
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Speck
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1FMS

OK - thank you!

Agreed! We are releasing an improvement to map downloads currently. In the next day or so. Now, when you tap on the download button, you can size the download square however you like. I think that gets you 80% of the way there, but we will also be addressing your other recommendations. I really like the suggestion of downloading around your route!

This will take a little time, but we'll get it done. Please let me know of any other recommendations/suggestions you have - happy to hear it!

M
Hey Michael, #0000

Thank you for your response and for considering my suggestions. Really appreciate it.
I said it before and will say this many times again. You're the best software company out there for the offroad/overlander enthusiasts.

Reason why I am a member is the community that you build. Every time I go out there, I improve something along my route. Remove a tree as obstacle to avoid that people start to create an alternate e route, clean up trash, etc. Biggest challenge I see are people that don't respect nature and our trails and side be sides who destroy the trails.

Reactions: Michael

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

OK - thank you!

M
Hey Michael, #0000

Thank you for your response and for considering my suggestions. Really appreciate it.
I said it before and will say this many times again. You're the best software company out there for the offroad/overlander enthusiasts.

Reason why I am a member is the community that you build. Every time I go out there, I improve something along my route. Remove a tree as obstacle to avoid that people start to create an alternate e route, clean up trash, etc. Biggest challenge I see are people that don't respect nature and our trails and side be sides who destroy the trails.
This is so good to hear. Thank you for letting me know. By the way, the 11.12.1 patch launched today and has the download improvements. Any feedback appreciated.

Reactions: OBB

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Awesome news, doing just started route planning for our upcoming trip and we will see how the improved download works:)

Reactions: Michael