Dometic 55IM - Compressor 24/7 w/ IM on?

• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Buffalo, NY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pope
Member #

Hi all,

Hope this is in the right forum. Mods, feel free to move if I put it in the wrong place.

I have a Dometic CFX3 55IM which I've been using for a bit and it's been working great. However I just decided to turn on the ice maker to make some ice earlier today and the compressor hasn't turned off since. The ice has been made and the compressor just keeps running... Which can't be good for the compressor and for sure isn't good for my battery.

Anyone else have one and can comment on if their compressor turns off when the ice maker is on? I tried searching both the forums and doing a google search and didn't find this mentioned anywhere. Other 55IM owners, what are your experiences when running the ice maker?

Thanks!
-T.J.

cug

Rank II

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Guido
Last Name
GNE
Similar. I tried the ice maker once and haven’t used it since. I might use it in a more “targeted” way if I know I want ice that evening. But that’s about it.

Reactions: Vagabond.Explorer

Traveler I

Buffalo, NY, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Pope
Member #

Similar. I tried the ice maker once and haven’t used it since. I might use it in a more “targeted” way if I know I want ice that evening. But that’s about it.
That’s pretty much the conclusion I came to. Run it for a few hours if I know I’m going to want ice.

Shame they didn’t insulate the ice maker area better instead of making it removable.

Reactions: cug