Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I think that’s a good idea. Would that be a side hustle or a full time gig? Any ideas what your format would look like? How much would you charge?
Be Fun to make it a Full time Gig - For now a Side Hustle. Best Ideal i think would be Twice a Month for 2 to 3 days at a time Cost would have to be Reasonable Maybe 150.00 per Vehicle and Move it around Nevada first weekend of June, California on the third Weekend. What do you think?

Reactions: 9Mike2

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I either bring my 4 year old son, Levi or my 1.5 year old dog, Bear. Never both. I did once a year ago, we went to the beach and it was a bit much. I will attempt it again this summer now that they are a year older. Bear is a Mastador and doesn't know how big he is and Levi gets annoyed by him pretty easily.
Thats fuunny - What does he do to annoy Levi??

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Sampson is the first dog I've had who lives for the ride. He will be just like this for 6 hours from Nakusp to Calgary..... and sleep like a log once we arrive. He LOVES the drive.

I love having him on board.
He looks happy to be alive,

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We had a rescue, literally rescued from a gas station, Chesapeake Bay Retriever as a kid. Nice dog but this particular copy was nuttier than a bag of walnuts ;)
I agree for what's it worth He is certainly a Chesapeake Bay Retriever, There might be a Little something else but not much

Reactions: 9Mike2 and Ubiety

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
I put my German Shedder in my Jeep once. I was still finding fur in the carpet and upholstery for as long as he lived.
We only take our German Shedder in one of our cars, and yet they ALL have hair in them, dog hair is just in the air on the whole property, gets in everything. Fortuanatly they only shed like that once per year, it justs lasts for 365 days. The under coat is messy but vacuums up easy, the over coat is like porcupine quills that stick in fabric permantly ....lol

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

We only take our German Shedder in one of our cars, and yet they ALL have hair in them, dog hair is just in the air on the whole property, gets in everything. Fortuanatly they only shed like that once per year, it justs lasts for 365 days. The under coat is messy but vacuums up easy, the over coat is like porcupine quills that stick in fabric permantly ....lol
We prefer our Pooches don't shed - So we got two miniature Schnauzer's Downside Bath and Haircut once a Month

Lothar

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Richland, WA
First Name
Ian
Last Name
Bloom
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have two large-ish dogs, 75 and 90lbs. No room for them in an open top two door Jeep that's full of camping gear. Even without the camping gear, I wouldn't feel safe hauling them in that vehicle. My wife has a Tacoma so we may hit a few trails with them this coming summer.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I have two large-ish dogs, 75 and 90lbs. No room for them in an open top two door Jeep that's full of camping gear. Even without the camping gear, I wouldn't feel safe hauling them in that vehicle. My wife has a Tacoma so we may hit a few trails with them this coming summer.
I hope you do - I always enjoy Taking our dogs Hiking or Playing Fetch

Rav4_Overland

Rank VIII

Steward I

Kyle, Texas, United States
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Lindquist
Member #

I either bring my 4 year old son, Levi or my 1.5 year old dog, Bear. Never both. I did once a year ago, we went to the beach and it was a bit much. Iwill attempt it again this summer now that they are a year older. Bear is a Mastador and doesn't know how big he is and Levi gets annoyed by him pretty easily.
Thats fuunny - What does he do to annoy Levi??
Well when Bear gets excited he gets wiggly and sometimes bumps into Levi. Not so much that he falls down, just enough to annoy him. Levi has a lot of opinions.

• Haha

307dulaney

Rank VI

Advocate III

Wyoming, USA
First Name
Austin
Last Name
Dulaney
Member #

I think that’s a good idea. Would that be a side hustle or a full time gig? Any ideas what your format would look like? How much would you charge?
Be Fun to make it a Full time Gig - For now a Side Hustle. Best Ideal i think would be Twice a Month for 2 to 3 days at a time Cost would have to be Reasonable Maybe 150.00 per Vehicle and Move it around Nevada first weekend of June, California on the third Weekend. What do you think?
Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good plan to me! Solid area for it too. Plenty of places to go and people/dogs that want to get out. I think any form of training is cool. And i bet the marketability of involving dogs is solid too. Good for you!

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Well when Bear gets excited he gets wiggly and sometimes bumps into Levi. Not so much that he falls down, just enough to annoy him. Levi has a lot of opinions.
I can almost picture the Look, I know a Levi also, He thinks he is never wrong

Reactions: Rav4_Overland

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Sounds like you’ve got a pretty good plan to me! Solid area for it too. Plenty of places to go and people/dogs that want to get out. I think any form of training is cool. And i bet the marketability of involving dogs is solid too. Good for you!
Field of dreams Right. :grinning:

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I don't know which of us had it worse. Mine shed twice a year, for six months at a time.

• Haha

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Can you guys recommend something for ticks. ? Don't have any experience with those. I heard they can be a big problem. Never had an encounter yet, but want to be prepared..

RatAssassin

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Rat
Last Name
Assassin
Member #

I was just wondering is there a reason you don't take your dog's Overlanding or Camping with you?
As much as I'd love to, mine is an actual working dog with a job and has to be trained most every single day to stay sharp.
I recently took her on a 2 day trip out in the N.F. and took along all her training stuff. It's a lot of work and worry because she's a huge investment in my business.

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Can you guys recommend something for ticks. ? Don't have any experience with those. I heard they can be a big problem. Never had an encounter yet, but want to be prepared..
Treatment or Removal?

leeloo

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Luxembourg
First Name
Mihai
Last Name
Doros
Member #

Well both I would say. I was reading some stuff that got me really scared. As I said, while I was camping now many years (before it became overlanding ) never had the "pleasure" of encountering one. Also this is the first dog I own. And from at I read, dogs in camping trips have a knack for running into them.

grubworm

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

louisiana
First Name
grub
Last Name
worm
Member #

Service Branch
USN-Submarines
yeah, ticks really suck...

we run into ticks in some areas and they are usually pretty big and easily seen. i know if you try to pull a tick, it will leave its head embedded and cause an infection. we've taken clear fingernail polish and put a dab on the tick and that kills it and it will fall off without any problems. i have seen people take a lit cigarette and put it nearly right on top of the tick and it detached and dropped off. i know the big thing about a tick is that its head detaches real easy and will stay behind and cause infections, so you pretty much want them to remove them self. also Lyme disease comes from ticks, so maybe wear something that repells them

Last edited:
Reactions: 9Mike2 and Ubiety

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

Well both I would say. I was reading some stuff that got me really scared. As I said, while I was camping now many years (before it became overlanding ) never had the "pleasure" of encountering one. Also this is the first dog I own. And from at I read, dogs in camping trips have a knack for running into them.
Prevention is usually The best case to keep Flea's & Ticks away. Talk to your Vet They might be able to suggest a Pill or a Topical like K9 Advantix to use on your Dog, I use K9 Advantix and I believe in it, it worked and Worked Good. Usually Takes a day or Two for the Dog's back to completely dry was only down side / The Plus side it lasted a Month and Kept Flea's, Tick's, & flies away. I am not a big believer in using a lot of Chemicals, When dealing with something like Lyme Disease best to use something that works and is Proven. If your dog should get a Tick you can Remove it with Tweezer's NOT Pointy Tweezers get something with a small Edge, Spread the Dogs fur and Get as close to the Skin as you can and Get a grip and Pull straight up with an even Pull, Use alcohol Wipes to clean up the Wounded area and wipe your Hands and Tweezers off after. Mostly I suggest Talking to your Vet They Know your area Much better than I do and Can suggest things to use that Best Match what you need