Off-Road Ranger I

El Paso
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Farmer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Na
I recently scored an old dog kennel trailer for free that I want to fix up and convert to an overland trailer. I like to get some ideas on organization, storage and maybe some links to a slide out sink/kitchen area. The trailer already has a small water tank that I will add a pump to. I will put a rtt on it with a rack. I mainly was storage for hunting/camping gear and a kitchen setup
IMG_1760.jpgIMG_1761.jpgIMG_1762.jpgIMG_1763.jpgIMG_1759.jpg

Reactions: Sparksalot

Farmjeepwrangler

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Brandon
First Name
Ross
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRFG288
Sweet, you’ll have a lot of options. What are the overall dimensions?

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
You have an awesome canvas there. Can you stand on the top of it?. As for kitchen, you could easily make it have a side kitchen and then wouldn’t need slide outs for chuck box and fridge. Then use a drawer system for loading gear down the middle. Put batteries, electricity, and accessories on curb side, kitchen on road side. Wow the ideas are endless.

farmboy876

Rank I

Off-Road Ranger I

El Paso
First Name
Dusty
Last Name
Farmer
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Na
Yes that’s my plan for now. The frame is aluminum and pretty strong. As for slides I’ll have to make braces inside because of house the kennels are recessed. And also seal up all of the air flow vents to keel dust out. I plan on adding a battery station with solar panel.