Does your Gazelle T3X tent have a hole at the top?

• HTML tutorial

tph88

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Lynn
Just got my new T3X and set it up in the kitchen. I noticed there was a hole at the top grommet where the push up/pull down rope is. Any of the pictures I saw of the tent (though there were not many of the ceiling) there was no noticeable hole. I am wondering if bugs will be coming in through that hole. I guess I can stuff some cotton or something in there.

.T3xTopHole1.jpg
T3xTopHole2.jpg

View from the outside:
T3xTopHole3.jpg

Thanks!

jimmyjamson

Rank I

Contributor III

Switzerland
First Name
jack
Last Name
austin
Just got my new T3X and set it up in the kitchen. I noticed there was a hole at the top grommet where the push up/pull down rope is. Any of the pictures I saw of the tent (though there were not many of the ceiling) there was no noticeable hole. I am wondering if bugs will be coming in through that hole. I guess I can stuff some cotton or something in there.

.View attachment 234059
View attachment 234060

View from the outside:
View attachment 234061

Thanks!
Essential for every spike and serve, volleyball gear combines precision and comfort. From knee pads that cushion dives to breathable jerseys aiding agility, it's the gear that elevates your game.
I'm looking for a new tent to hold 2 to 4 people and a dog. (They don't all have to fit--this is to supplement a truck camper. ) The Gazelle t4 looks good. The size is right and I really don't want to mess with tent setup. Pop it and stake it is really appealing for overnight stays. The main complaints I can find online are that the tent does not pack up small, it doesn't breathe great, and the door is funky. I'm okay with all that. My concern is weather. We get stormed on more often than we should even though we camp during the "nice" seasons. How do these tents fare in heavy wind and/or rain? Any other instant tents worth looking at? Thanks!

tph88

Rank I

Contributor III

Colorado
First Name
Karen
Last Name
Lynn
My tent held up well in heavy rain and wind. I was pretty impressed. This only happened one time I was camping though.
I really like how easy it is to set up and take down. I do not like the funky doors. I am actually probably going to get rid of the tent and try something else because of that.
(PS I stuck some material in the hole and it kept the bugs out. Yes there is a hole and I see lots of bugs/spiders crawling around on top of the tent under the rain fly. I don't know how people say no bugs come in that way.)

Reactions: gonzoy5

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

I'm looking for a new tent to hold 2 to 4 people and a dog. (They don't all have to fit--this is to supplement a truck camper. ) The Gazelle t4 looks good. The size is right and I really don't want to mess with tent setup. Pop it and stake it is really appealing for overnight stays. The main complaints I can find online are that the tent does not pack up small, it doesn't breathe great, and the door is funky. I'm okay with all that. My concern is weather. We get stormed on more often than we should even though we camp during the "nice" seasons. How do these tents fare in heavy wind and/or rain? Any other instant tents worth looking at? Thanks!
Not sure your type of storms you deal with, but in Florida storms pop up at anytime and can sweep through pretty intense. We have the t4 Overland for about 3 years now and used by my wife, son and myself and Have not had any major water issues. Have had a water come in a couple of times when door zippers aren’t fully closed and towards the top side of the door, but those are our own fault and usually nothing a small towel can’t dry off. Other than that we’ve hunkered down plenty of times with no issues and has given me sense of relief where I don’t even think about it if we’re caught in a storm. Only other consideration is to guy out the wall that could get strong winds, but have rarely needed to do that and it comes with all the extra lines you would need.

Regarding the other comments, it’s a heavier material and I suppose it had a “scent” when it was new, but that cleared out after a few uses. The heavy material also does make it stuffy if there’s no breeze, but with windows fully open and a slight breeze it’s fine even in sticky Florida! If you’re the hot type then add a fan to the utility box and you’ll be fine. It’s a single wall tent so going to have some condensation at times, but I’ve found it tolerable. Yes it’s big but that shouldn’t be a surprise, and the ease of setup makes it a fair trade off.

With my experience, even if I had any failures, I’d get the same tent to replace it. Compared to other traditional ground tents we’ve used over the years, there’s really no other type of ground tent I’d rather use.

Attachments

gonzoy5

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Miami, Fl
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Gonzalez
Member #

.View attachment 234059
View attachment 234060

View from the outside:
View attachment 234061

Thanks!
Bugs might creep in, but I’d worry more about the ones that get in from forgetting to close the main doors all the way lol