Do you own Wet Okole Seat Covers what are your pro's and cons?

• HTML tutorial

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Wet Okole TRD Seat Logo Covers.jpg I own a set of Wet Okole both front & rear seat covers custom logo TRD.

Pro's
They look AWESOME!!
They fit like a Glove
You can choose your color, piping & logo
They are Water Proof, Neoprene UV Protected and Self Extinguishing
They are cool in the summer & stay warm in the winter
Customer service is great

Con's
Damn EXPENSIVE $$$$!!!!!!!
They catch hair easily which can be a pain to remove
The installation especially for the back was time consuming
They do take awhile to ship ( But they are coming from Hawaii)
Did mention they are EXPESIVE$$

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
I've had Wet Okole covers for about 7 months and they still fit nice and snug. I bought them because the original leather seats had cracked and peeled after nearly 300k miles of use.

The seat covers feel great, but to this day I still get a random whiff of the neoprene smell. I love that the seats are warmer in the winter. The seat heater still works on high but not quite as intense as they did with straight leather. They are warmer in the summer, but I felt the 'swamp ass' was about the same as with the leather. The downside is the cost. For the price of the Wet Okole covers, some LSeat replacement leather would be about the same, except you would still have leather seats. They clean real easy with the shampoo kit from Wet Okole. I like the Wet Okole because they are not leather.
IMG_20180518_184559.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: PatriotT4R

PatriotT4R

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Lillington, NC 27546
Member #

Nice Seat covers!!! Thanks for the reply! I probably should have purchased the shampoo when I bought the covers … guess I will have to buy some from their website. Hahah Swamp Ass were you prior service … its the only time I've heard that phrase uttered from some one else before?

Reactions: KonzaLander

KonzaLander

Rank VI

Traveler II

Junction City, Kansas, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0EBF
Nice Seat covers!!! Thanks for the reply! I probably should have purchased the shampoo when I bought the covers … guess I will have to buy some from their website. Hahah Swamp Ass were you prior service … its the only time I've heard that phrase uttered from some one else before?
Nope. But, it is a phrase commonly found on discussion boards regarding the sweaty rear some experience with Wet Okole covers.

Reactions: PatriotT4R

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
I had mine for about a year. They faded a bit and I was brutal on them. I did buy dark grey so I cant complain. I liked the way they felt and they didn't care about getting wet. Over all, as much dirt time as my Jeep saw, I think they were a poor choice for me. I now have Trek armor covers. Way more durable but I think their Jeep only and they got bought out, which is too bad.
The covers fit great.

Seat.jpg

Scott

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
I had them on my Trans Am. I was not impressed with how they were affected by UV light. They started to deteriorate within a few years.

Casey Craven

Rank II

Advocate I

Lenoir, NC, USA
First Name
Casey
Last Name
Craven
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K4CPC
I've got them. They were in here when I bought it. The driver seat is getting holes in it, but not too bad just yet.

Ben Cleveland

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Nashville, TN, USA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Cleveland
Member #

I had them in my Tacoma. I wouldn’t buy them again. The lighter tan color got stains almost immediately, the black faded, and I had stitches pull out. They did a great job of saving the seats, the seats looked brand new underneath when I sold the Tacoma. But those seat covers did not look pretty doing it. Also swamp ass is definitely a thing.

I’ll do vinyl or pleather covers in the future. Not doing neoprene again. And wet okole are not worth the money.