Livermore, California
First Name
Eddy
Last Name
Louis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BOH
Yes, I've been keeping logs on all my vehicles for decades. They keep me abreast on when oil change, tire rotation, etc is due. They also keep running totals on costs of each vehicle (like it really matters).

David C Gibbs

Rank VI

Member III

Boise, Idaho
First Name
David
Last Name
Gibbs
Member #

The 1988 62 Series "Keep a Vehicle" journal, is becoming a book. Thirty Years in a LandCruiser!
It had 11 miles on it when we took the Salesmen on a Test-drive, he'll never forget. Today it has 308,800+ miles on it. Original engine, Transmission replaced 50K ago. Going through Trip-notes, photos, and memories has been an emotional roller-coaster. Seeing the Video, where I rock rashed the Drivers Door, and Rear Rocker panel in year 3, brought back the memories of all the DON'Ts we did that day. It's amazing where this LandCruiser has been, the mile-markers #'s on Trips to Yosemite, Yellowstone, Grand Teton's, Green River, Moab, Rocky Mtn N.P., Canyon Lands, Big Sur, Lost Coast, Redwoods, Lassen. Spent several nights camped in Panther Meadows on Shasta. Crater Lake, Bend, Steen Mtn's... Yeah, it's boring. Lots of miles, oil changes, and tires. Every dent has a story. Thunder Storms, Snow travel, MUD - I hate mud. Driving 340 miles in freezing fog, oh yeah - That was fun.

mylilpwny

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

started doing this with my rx8 a while back. it was helpful cause i would track where i bought gas. Rotary engines are really sensitive all the way around, and you can tell when you get a tank of bad gas.

i keep a moleskine journal in the truck where i write down every fill up with station type, amount, mileage, and volume of gas to track mileage. i also have every little thing i do to the truck recorded. more so i can go back and see what is and isnt done. i love journals and handwritten stuff. plus i keep all the receipts, and a spreadsheet of "project expenses" that is rather painful to look at.
This made me laugh because my rx7 (fc) is what made me start doing the exact same thing. I had always had logs and receipts for everything else with prior cars and trucks. But the FC is what made me start logging my fuel. And to this day I still do it.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Traveler I

Nor Cal
Yes, my Chevrolet has an app that keeps track of everything. Though I still keep a spreadsheet on my Mac Desktop.

Is Fuelly free? How much information can you store on them until you have to set up a payment?

I noticed that Notion does have a pricing but how much data does it allow for the free app.