Michael
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
All amateur radio ops are cordially invited to participate on the talk group

more info can be found here : Ham Radio Venture Overland

This site is a compliment to DMR talk group 31655 Venture Overland. Venture Overland is a Digital Mobile Radio (DMR) talk group on the Brandmeister DMR Network. The talk group is for outdoor enthusiasts and 4X4’ers who are Ham Radio operators. The purpose of the site is to post pictures and stories of our adventures to discuss, share ideas, and learn from each other.

Though we are called ‘Venture Overland’, you don’t need a bazillion dollar custom off-road vehicle to be here. As a poster on the website said… “We run what we brung!”………” BUT! If you do have a bazillion dollar off-road rig, we’d love to see it, hear about it, and geek-out over it.

This group was conceptualized by Mike AA1PR in Vermont (overland and bushcraft enthusiast),
Gary KG5NBA in Texas (A prolific Jeep guy with a love of margaritas),
and Todd KB7RQQ in Washington State (who has progressed from sleeping on the ground under a tarp to a Master Glamper)

The hope/goal is to foster friendship, share ideas, and learn from each other. Similar to OverlandBound since most of us are members...

Most adventures are discussed on the DMR talkgroup…. but it’s fun to see pictures and read the stories. So share away!

Todd KB7RQQ aka ( guitodd ) here created the fine wordpress site & decals

hope to chat with you on soon, 73 Mike AA1PR

Attachments

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Hey awesome topic, not sure how I never noticed it before... how do I venture into DMR?

AA1PR

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vermont Mountains
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
Ok after many trial and errors with the help of mary KB3VPK I am proud to announce my allstar to dmr bridge for venture overland

my allstar node 42282 has a permanent connection to the talkgroup

so if you have an allstar node, repeater near you etc you now can have another access point into the talkgroup

see ya there, 73

Last edited:

AA1PR

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vermont Mountains
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
I almost forgot I will be linking in the bridge to the OverlandBound net on friday nights

feel free to connect to 42282 if needed

AA1PR

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Vermont Mountains
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Parie
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA1PR
dmr bridge is down , got hacked need to redo complete software

**EDIT** 10/16/2020 Bridge is once again operational & I will connect in for the OB net

Last edited: