Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
none - BREAKER BREAKER HAND HELD CB AND WALKIE TALKIE
I just made one for myself based off of this guys video! It's awesome.....just have to figure out my permanent mounting method.
Have you looked at armoredcockroach utube video. He did this 2-3 years ago. His video is pretty detailed and he added a shower on the side of his rig.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I looked into this project, but felt between the water and weight of the pipe, it was too much weight up high on an already top heavy jeep.
5 gallons of water is only 40 pounds. PVC is zilch. The tube can be any length and 2 gallons of water will do the trick if you don't turn it on a leave it run.

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I think I have a variant/ cousin of that pump laying around that I used for my old solar powered aquaponics system. It had a crazy 12ft head height on it. Was meant for solar hot water heaters on the roofs of homes and uses only 15W @ 12V. Great idea!
Just put an air valve stem on the PVC and fill it with air. Works great

Lanlubber In Remembrance

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Mimbres, NM, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
covey sr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
I think if I ever build one I will use a low pressure rad cap as well. Just as an insurance.

There is a pretty good chance I will build one of these since I live near the beach... and go kayak fishing almost every weekend. Fish guts can smell HORRIBLE by the time the trash comes. I would like to be able to clean some fish on the tailgate and rinse it off before heading home after a trip. If nothing else I will be able to rinse the bait off of my hands and sand off of my feet (and the kid's feet).

The time saved from no longer having to clean out the truck would pay for it in a month or two.

Not to forget to mention that getting the salt off of lures and rods before it dries would save them as well.

Alright... I may do this pretty soon. lol I think I convinced myself!
There is such a thing as blow off valves like they use on water heaters in your home. I wouldn't worry watch this..