Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Looks like it's coming along great, how are you going to hard mount it to the vehicle?
So it works! I plan to cover it in the carpet material so it doesn't look so out of place in the trunk. I plan to use some drawer rollers and attach them to the trunk floor. The floor actually lifts up to expose the spare tire. I did a little weight test yesterday and it wont be an issue should I ever need the spare.

More photos to come and I'll get a video going once its all done.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve

jkxranger

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Oregon
First Name
Adrian
Last Name
Simms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7CJB
So it works! I plan to cover it in the carpet material so it doesn't look so out of place in the trunk. I plan to use some drawer rollers and attach them to the trunk floor. The floor actually lifts up to expose the spare tire. I did a little weight test yesterday and it wont be an issue should I ever need the spare.

More photos to come and I'll get a video going once its all done.
I like it, and the Pup does not look amused...LOL

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Well, here it is. I plan to cover it some carpet (if thats the right word) to match the truck interior. It will also hide the "roughness" of my work. All in all, it does the job. Easy to roll in and out and tucks away nicely. I'm sure it will be improved over time but for now, it will do just fine.20160214_193246.jpg 20160214_193321.jpg 20160214_193338.jpg 20160214_193355.jpg 20160214_193405.jpg

Reactions: NorthStar96

yarrj

Rank 0

Traveler I

Aust
I stumbled across your post when searching for diy ramps. This was pretty much what I had in my head, but I'm struggling with the hardware components. How much weight do you think this would handle, max?
I see your pup is 65lb, mine is about 84lb.

Reactions: murps

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

I stumbled across your post when searching for diy ramps. This was pretty much what I had in my head, but I'm struggling with the hardware components. How much weight do you think this would handle, max?
I see your pup is 65lb, mine is about 84lb.
My pup was pushing the limits at 65lbs. I am sure if you were to use higher grade materials you could get away with 84lbs. I used an old desk so the drawer sliders were from that.

yarrj

Rank 0

Traveler I

Aust
Ahh ok, thank you :) I'll see what I can find at the hardware store.
With the top part, I can't quite see how you've attached the actual ramp to the inside of your box. Is there like a routered channel to allow it to angle downward like that?

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

Ahh ok, thank you :) I'll see what I can find at the hardware store.
With the top part, I can't quite see how you've attached the actual ramp to the inside of your box. Is there like a routered channel to allow it to angle downward like that?
That's exactly what i did. attached a metal rod to the bottom of the ramp and inserted that into the sidewalls, then nailed/screwed it all together. I apologize, i see that the first few photos aren't showing. i'll try get those uploaded again.