DIY HiLift mounts?

• HTML tutorial

HellsAngler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

I started to make some the other day but the hardware came out to more than half the price of the actual one from Hi Lift. so decided to opt for the real thing.

Reactions: John~SWNM

Dunnage Garage

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Grand Island, Nebraska
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Piercy
Member #

Ive seen the loops off of a chain link fence put around the roll cage and a wing nut with bolt to connect the jack to the loop. Or just use U-bolts. Though I prefer to keep the jack on the back bumper. Happy fabbing

Attachments

Robbie G

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary AB Canada
Member #

Well, the Jack mount is from Amazon, it's a universal mount that cost I think like $40. The DIY part is how I mounted it, I also wanted to mount it inside my jeep. On top of that, I wanted some secure storage when my roof and doors were off. after realizing that a good drawer system was going to cost me thousands of dollars I came up with this!

IMG_3949.JPG IMG_3952.JPG IMG_3974.JPG

The Jack mount is Hi-Lift 4XRCA, the axe and shovel are held in place with a couple of Quick Fist clamps, throw in a sheet of good one side marine grade plywood, and a can or two of bed liner and walla. In total, I think I am into the full set up for about $150.

IMG_3977.JPG

I was going to put a drawer into it and I still may but I am realizing that digging stuff out from underneath is pretty simple, its all in bags or tubs. and adding a drawer will only add weight and take away from the open space.

It's currently held in with six turnbuckles tieing it to the factory tie down points. This I hope should keep it safe if I go upside down and the turnbuckles are inside the compartment so if the tailgate is locked is is fairly secure. My wife has pointed out that it is made out of plywood and I have conveniently left an axe strapped to the top of it, but nothing is perfect.

I admit it's not an ARB set of drawers, I may throw some aluminum angle along the lip to finish it off a bit more. But, for $150 I am happy with how it turned out. It also lifts in and out in a couple of minutes if I ever want to use the full trunk space. IMG_3978.JPG

IMG_4013.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG

Last edited:

Seppy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Cambon Avenue, Saint James, NY, USA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Cosentino
Member #

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg First I bought 2 u-bolts, a 3/8" threaded coupler and 3/8" threaded knob.

I wrapped them in old wire and used some shrink wrap around them to help the fit and grip around the roll bar. I was going to thread the 2 ends of the u bolt into the holes on the base of the hi-lift, but ended up changing my mind.