Launch Member

Contributor II

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
Hector
Last Name
Perez
Member #

So I finished the drawer system and had some wood left over and have been playing around with designing a cooler slider as the fridge is out of the equation for now. I’m thinking about the upward force on the 3/4” ply wood when the cooler is completely slid out. I’m thinking of using some angle iron to attach slides onto. I would appreciate any input or thoughts on how to possibly go about making this thing “bulletproof” IMG_8422.JPGIMG_8424.JPG

Reactions: Gabriel Bozeman

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #

You could probably reinforce the edges. If I was going to make my own I'd have it tilt down for easier access. My 5'1" wife can hardly see into my fridge and it's mounted in the bed of the truck. Not on drawers..

Reactions: Hectorp

Hectorp

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Boca Raton, FL, USA
First Name
Hector
Last Name
Perez
Member #

You could probably reinforce the edges. If I was going to make my own I'd have it tilt down for easier access. My 5'1" wife can hardly see into my fridge and it's mounted in the bed of the truck. Not on drawers..
Been thinking about that option, will have to look into what other folks are doing for the tilt. Thanks

Brewbud

Rank V

Member III

SoCal
Member #

The T-Nuts work well. I used them to mount my ARB slide on a piece of Maple plywood. It has held up well even with a heavy 63qt.

fridge cropped sm.jpg

Loanrangie

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Melboure,Victoria, Australia
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Robertshaw
Similar to the above slides, i used a local product called qubelok which is aluminium tube with plastic connectors and some gal rod for the fridge base and a pair of commercially made locking slides. Some alloy C channel for mounting to a plywood base which is bolted down into 2 of the cargo area tie down points, this is just a concept for fridge positioning before i work out the dimensions for the full frame and drawers. Fridge is a 50ltr Waeco dual zone.

IMG_20191005_082209s.jpgIMG_20191005_082209s.jpg