Dispersed camping NW - WA?

• HTML tutorial

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Does anyone know if there's any "Dispersed camping" up here in the NW part of Washington? And if so where? And how do you find it? Is there a map somewhere?

Many thanks in advance!

-jim lee

tbisaacs

Rank III

Advocate I

Renton, WA
Member #

You can camp off any forest road in the Olympics provided that you a) don’t block the road b) have a Northwest forest pass.

I’ve dispersed quite a bit on the hood canal side.

IMG_5608.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Thanks for the replies so far.

Shovel a bucket? Who holds the rules to all this? National Forrest? State parks? BLM? Trump?

-jim lee

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Thanks for the replies so far.

Shovel a bucket? Who holds the rules to all this? National Forrest? State parks? BLM? Trump?

-jim lee
I always just went with shovel/fire extinguisher to be common sense. I guess I never really looked until now.

fs.usda.gov Information

Among other things, it does say that you should have a bucket, shovel, and axe to control the fire.

RainGoat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Davis
Member #

I always just went with shovel/fire extinguisher to be common sense. I guess I never really looked until now.

fs.usda.gov Information

Among other things, it does say that you should have a bucket, shovel, and axe to control the fire.
Oregon State Forest Fire Rules for Vehicles
Shovel 8+" blade & 26+" handle
Fire Extinguisher 2.5# or 1g H2O

jim lee

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Anacortes, WA
Member #

Checked out Mountain loop highway yesterday. Found this list O' rules about camping in the National Forest.

I guess Dispersed Camping is allowed in more places than I thought. Pretty slick!

Now all I have to do is get the truck working again..

-jim lee

CallsignMigs

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Lacey, WA
Member #

Freecampsites.org is a decent resource. It has a lot of rest stops and walmart parking lots listed, but only close to cities. If you're looking in forested areas, it works well.

Reactions: RainGoat

Merk

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Renton, WA
Member #

Checked out Mountain loop highway yesterday. Found this list O' rules about camping in the National Forest.

I guess Dispersed Camping is allowed in more places than I thought. Pretty slick!

Now all I have to do is get the truck working again..

-jim lee
Me and my old lady drove through there on Saturday, we found a good campspot off of NF-49. There was quite a few cool spots right on the North Fork Sauk R.