Disability Pensioner

• HTML tutorial
Hi All

I am a 36 year old male, who is interested in learning 4wd (is this the same as Overlanding)?.

I was born with a condition called Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and had my first shunt at 9 months. Fast forward to 5 years ago I got my 29th shunt operation and this time the doctor knicked a nerve. Thus the disability part, I suffer from migraines and loss of balance (at times) plus a whole lot of other side effects, which made me realise I wanted to do those "things when the kids left home" asap.

I drive a 1991 Toyota 4runner, no modifications or extras (advice from other Toyota folks are welcomed). My plan is to take some gear and do a small camping trip first later this year. I don't know how to take the car off road other than the dirt roads around where I live which they are plenty off, but all to farms\orchards.

So I am assuming from the brief rules I read that you (ie ME) should be self-sufficient in regards to our rigg and situation in which you drive in (albiet from mother natures freak accidents??).

Advise welcomed please.

Kind Regards,
Scott

Randy P

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakley, CA
Member #

Hi All

I am a 36 year old male, who is interested in learning 4wd (is this the same as Overlanding)?.

I was born with a condition called Hydrocephalus (water on the brain) and had my first shunt at 9 months. Fast forward to 5 years ago I got my 29th shunt operation and this time the doctor knicked a nerve. Thus the disability part, I suffer from migraines and loss of balance (at times) plus a whole lot of other side effects, which made me realise I wanted to do those "things when the kids left home" asap.

I drive a 1991 Toyota 4runner, no modifications or extras (advice from other Toyota folks are welcomed). My plan is to take some gear and do a small camping trip first later this year. I don't know how to take the car off road other than the dirt roads around where I live which they are plenty off, but all to farms\orchards.

So I am assuming from the brief rules I read that you (ie ME) should be self-sufficient in regards to our rigg and situation in which you drive in (albiet from mother natures freak accidents??).

Advise welcomed please.

Kind Regards,
Scott
Where are you located?

Sent from my VS985 4G using OB Talk mobile app

fstfrd00

Rank IV

Pathfinder III

Fort Worth
Location on his AVI: Austrailia
Google, and Youtube can be your be very helpful and give good insight on your transfer case. I do not own a toyota. Overlanding, IMO, is vehicle based camping.