Diff Breather?

• HTML tutorial

Kornball

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

El Centro, Ca
Member #

Does anyone know if you can put a Diff Breather on a 2015 Jeep Cherokee TH? I don't plan to do water crossings but I would rather be safe than sorry.

OKT4RCPL

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Chandler Oklahoma
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5DVC
From what Ive read online your TH has a factory diff breather that comes up into the fend well and is same height as tire.

Reactions: Kornball

BCBrian

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Boulder Creek, CA
Member #

WOW! Did you fill it with milk instead of gear oil?

To OP: Use a piece of fuel line to get it extended up as high as possible and put a filter on the end. Remember that the trans, transfer case and front differential all have breathers as well. The best advice is do not take your rig for a swim! I avoid deep water and walk all water crossings before entering with my rig.

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

I saw on Facebook if you fill the diff with 2% low fat milk and run it 100 miles it flushes the gears and bearings!

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using OB Talk mobile app
I installed an ARB breather on my old 4runner. My stock breather got plugged up and blew my seals. Never again. I have to install a breather on my new rig though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram @Mixednuts59

TheDistanceBetween

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Scottsboro, Alabama
Member #

I installed an ARB breather on my old 4runner. My stock breather got plugged up and blew my seals. Never again. I have to install a breather on my new rig though.

Instagram @Mixednuts59
Everything actually survived my little diff ordeal. The jeep drove from Alabama to Adirondack State Park in New York like that, I'm surprised everything didn't burn up

Mixednuts59

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Winnipeg, Manitoba
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Bragnalo
Member #

Everything actually survived my little diff ordeal. The jeep drove from Alabama to Adirondack State Park in New York like that, I'm surprised everything didn't burn up

That’s awesome that your rig survived that. Really shows you these rigs are built tough. My old rig went into the shop for a $1000.00 fix it operation.

Instagram @Mixednuts59

4wheelspulling

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Chelan, WA.
First Name
Vance
Last Name
Myers
Member #

This is definitely one of the modifications on my new axles before I play! Should have my Cherokee on the road soon.. Benz.