Diesel Heater rain cover for all-in-one unit?

• HTML tutorial

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Never had problems with overheating.
Thank you, found a US distributor on Ebay, a lot more ($120) than the cheapo hose from Amazon, but have had good luck with silicone items and heat resistance so think I will give it a try. Looks like it might have less internal air friction than the one I have now which should keep the heater happier. Guessing it does not accordion down to a foot long like the one I have, but thinking I can just leave it up in the RTT so it does not take up space in the Jeep.

Reactions: Dimitri_Raptis

Dimitri_Raptis

Rank VIII
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Riyadh, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
First Name
Dimitri
Last Name
Raptis
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Never had problems with overheating.
One could store easily by folding it
Thank you, found a US distributor on Ebay, a lot more ($120) than the cheapo hose from Amazon, but have had good luck with silicone items and heat resistance so think I will give it a try. Looks like it might have less internal air friction than the one I have now which should keep the heater happier. Guessing it does not accordion down to a foot long like the one I have, but thinking I can just leave it up in the RTT so it does not take up space in the Jeep.

Rids93

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
Rid
Last Name
Sumarna
Member #

Do you happen to have a link to your supply hose? Any issues with the heater shutting down to an overheat with the long hose? We just picked up an all in one and the two footer that come with it is ridiculous, and the silver lined black one I got of the Amazons looks like it might melt...lol
Sorry I am at Death valley camping. I went to Lowe's and bought the 3" OD 20' hose...$30. Diesel heater works but be careful when the heater tank has diesel. It leaks through the hole on the cap. The cap has a hole to relive pressure/fumes when traveling through wash boards and fire trails as well as when you off road.

20221104_180848.jpg

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I bought the vevor all in one as well, then disassembled it and put it inside a Harbor Freight Apache case. Inside that case it is much more weather resistant and durable for transport. I bought silicone heat ducting off AliExpress (not cheap, but very durable). It travels well in the truck bed or on a roof rack. Can run in rain or snow with little to no issues.

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
I bought the vevor all in one as well, then disassembled it and put it inside a Harbor Freight Apache case. Inside that case it is much more weather resistant and durable for transport. I bought silicone heat ducting off AliExpress (not cheap, but very durable). It travels well in the truck bed or on a roof rack. Can run in rain or snow with little to no issues.
Got pics? What case sis you buy (item #). You did exactly what I need to do......

Jim

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
Got pics? What case sis you buy (item #). You did exactly what I need to do......

Jim
I put it into the 4800 case. I have a few posts on it under the title "diesel heater transplant". Not sure how to link it to this post.

lhoffm4

Rank III

Advocate I

Boise, Idaho
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Hoffman
Service Branch
US Navy
I put it into the 4800 case. I have a few posts on it under the title "diesel heater transplant". Not sure how to link it to this post. The bracket holding the heater was a piece of diamond plate aluminum bent in a bench vice. I bought a commercial bracket but it wouldn't fit in the box. I've seen others use L brackets and bridge them with a piece of aluminum plate the heater bolts to. I just just a piece of scrap I had.