Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

We recently bought the diamondback tonneau cover with the Front Rummer Slimline rack system from Diamondback. The cover is very nice and pretty straight forward to install. Getting the rack install onto the cover was a nightmare. Having to drill holes into a $2100 cover was nerve racking, and yes I did miss it up pretty badly. There are a lot of hardware and supports that you have to navigate your drilling around, not easy to do. The frontrunner rack from diamond also came with a pretty should cross bar. It came with 58in cross bars, this for a full size F150 the rack should have come with the maximum 62 inch bar. The bars look a little short on my truck. Anyway the rack is finally installed, I will never do this again. Now I just have to figure out how to close and seal over a dozen holes I drilled into this beautiful cover.

The frintrunner rack and diamond back did not come with any templates or usable install directions, a link to a video would have been extremely helpful.

Attachments

FiveAngelsOutdoor

Rank V

Traveler III

Tarpon Springs, Florida 34688, United States
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Aniol
Member #

I watch a video from Last Line of Defense on his install of the Diamondback with FrontRunner racks. I can’t imagine what you went through, but I will be dealing with something similar pretty soon. Installing a cab roof rack, which requires drilling into roof

Tremor

Rank II

Member I

Masschusetts
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Horgan
Member #

I watch a video from Last Line of Defense on his install of the Diamondback with FrontRunner racks. I can’t imagine what you went through, but I will be dealing with something similar pretty soon. Installing a cab roof rack, which requires drilling into roof
I watch the same video, but doing it for real is not the same, I just say messure, messure again, dry fir and then measure a bunch more times. Once a hole is drill it can not be undone. Good luck.