Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Just talked to tggk. He voted 29th and would like to nail the date down. I see 3 for 22nd and withhim 5 for 29th. My hope is to get venues established then a repeating time and date like 3rd or fourth Saturday of the months so everyone can plan to be there. So its uncle bucks at bass pro in grapevine, 6 pm to 9pm july 29th. We will have a room reserved and we will try to park together so we can check out rigs. No passion fruit tea will be served.
In!

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Alright guys, Uncle Bucks it is for the next meet. Now that we have two locations, I'm thinking one more in the HEB area to accommodate the Fort Worth peeps or should we take it up north to the McKinney area? Thoughts?

Be on the lookout for places that tickle your fancy!

If you find something, post it up for discussion, we wont bite!

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Uncle Bucks is pretty close to Mid Cities, so I think we're good there. I'm in Euless and it's lkike 10-15 min at most.

I'd look at the member map again, but East Dallas (the original meet), Bass Pro (Central) and West Fort Worth would probably be the most effective as to convenience for the most people. But McKinney area would probably be good too, as the population is only growing exponentially up there over the next few years. I would also expect a lot of transplants from out west up there, which may increase the interest in local OB meets.

Purely my take..

Reactions: ntx377

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Also post if you can come and how many people, please. Thanks. Im looking forward to it. We will be 2 or 3 people
Maybe we should start a new thread for each actual meet. That way people can check in and such, and avoid some confusion since there are potentially going to be multiple locations.

It should be me, +1

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Okay fellas,

In order to place the events on the OB calendar, it appears that you have to do it through an existing thread. Since this particular thread has talk about multiple locations, ideas and suggestions, I'm just going to create a new thread for each meet-up.

So, here in a few minutes, there will be two events related to DFW's Meet and Greet, but one will be at the original location, Lake House, and the other being Uncle Buck's in Grapevine.

I will go ahead and schedule August's meet tentatively. We can settle on a date for August at June's meet-up. Once we figure out our third location, whether it be west or north, we will throw that up on the calendar as well and rotate between the three locations on a monthly basis.

So yes... there will be this thread, which I have now renamed "DFW's Meet and Greet Drawing Board", plus two others specific to the meets that are already planned and scheduled. Once the other threads are live, please only utilize this thread for suggestions and ideas to help void confusion.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

So yes... there will be this thread, which I have now renamed "DFW's Meet and Greet Drawing Board", plus two others specific to the meets that are already planned and scheduled. Once the other threads are live, please only utilize this thread for suggestions and ideas to help void confusion.
I'm confused, just point me toward the beer and steaks, please...... See y'all at Bass Pro on the 29th.......

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

i went thru the members map and invited all the ob members in the dfw area besides those i could remember from the original post. i sent 41 invites and including those from the orginal post we have 7 yes and 2 maybe. that doesn't include those they bring. i will keep everybody posted

ntx377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley View, TX
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Kleppe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KAR
Service Branch
USMC Veteran
H
i went thru the members map and invited all the ob members in the dfw area besides those i could remember from the original post. i sent 41 invites and including those from the orginal post we have 7 yes and 2 maybe. that doesn't include those they bring. i will keep everybody posted
I didn't get an invite Marty.

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I could not find new threads.

mark me down for 2 at Uncle Bucks on the 29th

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Allllriiiiighty then fellas,

I setup a Rally Point with the details and RSVP options. Since the Rally Point tool is fairly new, this is the first time that I have used it. So if you see something that may be missing or have any suggestions on information that could be added, let me know.

Here is the link to the DFW Meet and Greet Rally Point thread, although, you can also access it via the "Upcoming Member Events" list to the right of this thread.

Look forward to seeing the group again, as well as, those new comers on July 29th!

Cheers,
Grux

Reactions: clweathers