• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Last time i think we had 9 or 10 rigs and 14 or 15 people. I think we should plan on double that. We have had a lot of interest already and i plan on using the member map to invite people as soon as we have a time and place.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Hey guys,

I want to let you guys know that I will be doing some research for the next meet-up location this week, which will be in the Fort Worth area. So far, @Marty clock has taken the initiative on being help or even a co-host, since this is on his side of town. I will still organize and connect with the establishment, but we need some help on idea of where this should be!

For those of you that came to the first one, you kind of have an idea of what kinda of place we are looking for. So, if you know of something, let us know!

Here are somethings that make for a good location:
  • Parking big enough for the group, but doesn't inconvenience other patrons.
  • Regular iced tea. None of that passion fruit stuff. Almost makes you wanna trade your rig for a Prius.
  • Patio seating.
  • Takes reservations or will hold a section for us.

Zta.co

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fort Worth Texas
Member #

Only places I can think of with a big parking lot would be in the Bryant Irvin area in Fort Worth. There is a razzoos there, fox and the hound, or rio mambo. A lot of the places I usually go have very little parking and small patios. The old Texas brewery in old town burleson may be able to accommodate as well.

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

Only places I can think of with a big parking lot would be in the Bryant Irvin area in Fort Worth. There is a razzoos there, fox and the hound, or rio mambo. A lot of the places I usually go have very little parking and small patios. The old Texas brewery in old town burleson may be able to accommodate as well.

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Just make sure nobody is playing at Billy Bob's the same night. They block off most of that parking lot for shows, and you have to pay to park! And the restaurant is absolutely slammed those nights as well.

Reactions: The GrooGrux King

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

All great suggestions, although Burleson maybe too far out there.

Razoos has a huge parking area next to it that serves as an overflow for them. Not sure about reservation ect.
Razoos is a possibility for sure!

Coopers BBQ in the Stockyards. The have an enormous parking lot next to it. food is good, ice tea is good. plenty of room inside for a group. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Cooper's+Old+Time+Pit+Bar-B-Que/@32.7928829,-97.3473751,17.97z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x864e76a11ab3b627:0x9b86f8def04a3656!8m2!3d32.7925157!4d-97.3478645
I do love me some Coopers BBQ. Although, in the post below this one, @Chili made a good point. If there is a concert going on, good luck getting a table within a decent time, as well as, parking relatively together as a group. Still worth looking into though. saturday night in the Stockyards maybe a tough one though.

Just make sure nobody is playing at Billy Bob's the same night. They block off most of that parking lot for shows, and you have to pay to park! And the restaurant is absolutely slammed those nights as well.
True story. We will have to look into Billy Bob's schedule.

There is a Fox & Hound in North Arlington. Plenty of parking but I don't know about the Ice Tea.
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fox+&+Hound/@32.7844751,-97.0940791,17.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x864e7dffa1b33b59:0x974ccd14197d3077!8m2!3d32.7855348!4d-97.0938035
I think the Stockyards might be a funner place though.
This is also a possibility. Keeping it on the east-side of Fort Worth may bring more Dallas people to this one as well. Who knows? Although, I will agree with you, the Stockyards would definitely be more fun, but our choices are more limited and parking can be problematic.

Everyone,

I appreciate all the thought going into this and the suggestions the group is coming up with. Be on the lookout still for a place. I will reach out to some of the places mentioned above and see what I can learn and what our options are. I will also look into Billy Bob's schedule to see if there is a Saturday evening that we can make a meet and greet work at Cooper's. Might be a shot in the dark, but it is worth trying for some of that brisket! But like I said, in the meantime, keep throwing out ideas!

Regards,
Grux

Reactions: Marty clock

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

Razoos has a huge parking area next to it that serves as an overflow for them. Not sure about reservation ect.
If Razzoo's is the choice, I know one of the owners, very nice people so we will not have a problem with taking over the parking lot or getting reservations. Just don't forget to tip your server, haha.....
TGGK - just let me know if you want me to contact them.

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

We used to have a lot of group events at that fox & hound (as many as 40+ people) and they've always been great about blocking off sections, dart boards and/or pool tables if we requested. I'm sure I could get my wife to set something up, she would just need a date, time and rough (minimum) count.

There is no patio, and smoking is allowed inside, FYI.

Marty clock

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Rendon, Texas
Member #

That is our plan. The hard part is finding a good place. We also talked about rotating between fw, dallas and somewhere north.

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

If Razzoo's is the choice, I know one of the owners, very nice people so we will not have a problem with taking over the parking lot or getting reservations. Just don't forget to tip your server, haha.....
TGGK - just let me know if you want me to contact them.
@HeliSniper that would be great. Any help is appreciated. I have been swamped at work lately and my weekends are eating my free time at the moment. Which location are you suggesting? at this point, I am open to anything. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not familiar enough with FTW to know where would be a good spot.

We used to have a lot of group events at that fox & hound (as many as 40+ people) and they've always been great about blocking off sections, dart boards and/or pool tables if we requested. I'm sure I could get my wife to set something up, she would just need a date, time and rough (minimum) count.

There is no patio, and smoking is allowed inside, FYI.
@Chili if you would like to reach out and see, I'm totally down for that. Which Fox and Hound are you referring to?

That is our plan. The hard part is finding a good place. We also talked about rotating between fw, dallas and somewhere north.
@Marty clock any luck finding a place in the FTW area?

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

@HeliSniper that would be great. Any help is appreciated. I have been swamped at work lately and my weekends are eating my free time at the moment. Which location are you suggesting? at this point, I am open to anything. Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not familiar enough with FTW to know where would be a good spot.

@Chili if you would like to reach out and see, I'm totally down for that. Which Fox and Hound are you referring to?

@Marty clock any luck finding a place in the FTW area?
The same one that @TXpedition linked in North Arlington: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fox+&+Hound/@32.7844751,-97.0940791,17.5z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x864e7dffa1b33b59:0x974ccd14197d3077!8m2!3d32.7855348!4d-97.0938035

I am certain they will reserve tables / pool tables / dart boards for my wife, it's just a matter of telling them when, and how many people we expect (minimum).