Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

I like where you are going with this. I wonder if they will let us consume cold beverages if we are outside?
If not, I'm down for ice tea.......
I would probably make it in at some point to grab a bite, but prefer to check out rigs and talk about places visited! Plus, I likely won't be enjoying any adult beverages. :o

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

Figured that would likely be the case, and totally understandable.

I guess I'm wondering if they would be okay with opening my awning and setting up a chair or two. :p

@The GrooGrux King - Was this possibility discuseed (hanging out some in the paring lot)?

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

There is a pavilion out there with picnic tables that we can use. If that is too crowded you can always set up an awning somewhere out-of-the-way. I don't think they would have a problem.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Craig M

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

This may sound stupid. I am sorry if this has already been covered but I cannot follow all of the posts. Is this meet up the same as the Facebook one?

Craig M

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Haslet, Texas, USA
First Name
Craig
Last Name
M
Member #

This thread is for a meet and greet Saturday night in Dallas @ the Boat House Bar and Grill, not a wheeling trip.

Are you thinking about the Bridgeport Trip on the Texas Overland Facebook page? This isn't the same group, if so.

Veggie Man

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Fort Worth
First Name
John
Last Name
Armstrong
Member #

This thread is for a meet and greet Saturday night in Dallas @ the Boat House Bar and Grill, not a wheeling trip.

Are you thinking about the Bridgeport Trip on the Texas Overland Facebook page? This isn't the same group, if so.
That is the answer I was looking for. Thank you for that.

HeliSniper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Dallas, Texas
First Name
Brad
Last Name
S
Member #

That is the answer I was looking for. Thank you for that.
Hahaha..... So are you coming to the Lake House White Rock Bar & Grill where adult beverages are allowed, inside at least?

Figured that would likely be the case, and totally understandable.

I guess I'm wondering if they would be okay with opening my awning and setting up a chair or two. :p

@The GrooGrux King - Was this possibility discuseed (hanging out some in the paring lot)?
The awning and some Ice Tea sounds very cool...... Better for getting to know folks also, IMHO.

No Bananas

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Burleson, Texas, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Bishop
Member #

I'll have to make the next one. I've planned a overloading trip to the hill country this weekend. Hope to meet up with some of y'all soon.

CoolMax

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

So...When's the official date/time?
Looking forward to checking out the badges

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

The GrooGrux King

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Dallas, TX 75218
Member #

Hey guys, sorry for the delayed response. I have been on my honey-moon this week and was just able to get back in and see the new posts.

We are still on this evening. I will be getting there right at 6pm and my wife will be joining later.

There is a porch and doors that are usually open to the parking lot, where we will be parked. I know that you cannot take alcoholic beverages outside the patio area, but I am sure we will still mingle in the parking lot as well as have the patio area to hangout in. It is a hot one today, so I suspect that we will be in the shade most of the time. Remember, it's from 6-9pm. You don't have to stay the whole time, drop in for a beer if you're around at least! Either way, we will be there.

ntx377

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Valley View, TX
First Name
Devin
Last Name
Kleppe
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5KAR
Service Branch
USMC Veteran
Great meetup this evening! It was great to meet everyone!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Reactions: BubbaP