Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

Is thiws going to be a base camp and go explore or a new site each night trip? I pull a m416 with a RTT. Would a trailer be a problem?
Trailer fine for all if has good clearance. Watch you tube videos if you don't plan to leave it at base camp to see if looks good to you. Need high clearance for Black Gap trail
post a pic of camper. show off the toys

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

One more question. I see the rally point says 6am start time. Is that a starting time to caravan out there from a particular point or is that when everyone will be there getting ready to explore on day 1?
i put 6 as not sure when everyone will be able to make it thrusday.

Raw Xpedition

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Vidor Texas
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Prisock
Member #

AWESOME!!!!!!! we are planning on hitting that way Wed.. and stopping somewhere for the night and driving the rest of the way Thursday am

Reactions: Wilson123

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

People coming from different areas of Texas so day 1 people will be driving to get there. We might be there early Friday as Jamie has to work Thursday. So all meeting there. Will be doing exploring on Friday starting in morning after breakfast
just a heads up if you want to contact rwxpedition(jeremy) he is going to get there wednesday. you can link up with him if you plan to be there early thursday .

altruistic

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Alex
Last Name
Moreno
Member #

Trailer fine for all if has good clearance. Watch you tube videos if you don't plan to leave it at base camp to see if looks good to you. Need high clearance for Black Gap trail
How high of a ground clearance would you recommend? I have a stock height FJ and I'm interested in going.

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

just got back from big bend ranch state park so will pass on this one, but it should be a great trip.

atomicode

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

btw - i just came back through BBNP when returning from the BBRSP and there was some construction on the road up into the Chisos Basin which created a huge traffic jam for people wanting to enter the basin. I'm not certain how long this will last but it may impact the number of vehicles allowed to go up into the basin so I would verify with the park before heading out so you can adjust your plans as needed.

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

btw - i just came back through BBNP when returning from the BBRSP and there was some construction on the road up into the Chisos Basin which created a huge traffic jam for people wanting to enter the basin. I'm not certain how long this will last but it may impact the number of vehicles allowed to go up into the basin so I would verify with the park before heading out so you can adjust your plans as needed.
Thanks for the heads up Rod!