Launch Member

Advocate III

Plano, TX, USA
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Which trails did you end up doing? If you didn't get a chance the Christmas Mountains trail is something I highly recommend. I believe its the highest elevation off-road trail in Texas - did a few google searches to see if maybe something in Guadalupe National Park was higher but couldn't confirm. I posted video of drive on youtube - . It was a long drive to get there from Big Bend Ranch but ended up being worth it. And I like that you can book a time for the trail since its on private property but still free. We had the trail to ourselves. I'd like to go out to Big Bend again but think I'd rather do it in late fall - maybe November when its not too hot or cold. We had one night at camp where the temp went down below freezing and the wind was like a hurricane. Hope everyone had a good time .

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Which trails did you end up doing? If you didn't get a chance the Christmas Mountains trail is something I highly recommend. I believe its the highest elevation off-road trail in Texas - did a few google searches to see if maybe something in Guadalupe National Park was higher but couldn't confirm. I posted video of drive on youtube - . It was a long drive to get there from Big Bend Ranch but ended up being worth it. And I like that you can book a time for the trail since its on private property but still free. We had the trail to ourselves. I'd like to go out to Big Bend again but think I'd rather do it in late fall - maybe November when its not too hot or cold. We had one night at camp where the temp went down below freezing and the wind was like a hurricane. Hope everyone had a good time .
Only got to do Black Bear Gap but hope to do more next trip down there. Hopefully the hot springs will be open then. Fun trip and look forward to going again!