Rank III

Member III

Flower Mound, TX, USA
First Name
Susan
Last Name
Thompson
Member #

Hi all! I’d like to do this trip but I need a few days before I rsvp to see if I can put my rig back together in time. I loaned it for the duration of the storm. I’m deep into planning for a trip to Alaska leaving May 23 and returning Sep 23. Then today I unexpectedly purchased a truck camper shell to be built Sep/Oct. Now I need to figure out which Jeep Gladiator I want to buy. At the end of my Alaska trip I’ll sell my green Jeep.

Reactions: Wilson123

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Hi all! I’d like to do this trip but I need a few days before I rsvp to see if I can put my rig back together in time. I loaned it for the duration of the storm. I’m deep into planning for a trip to Alaska leaving May 23 and returning Sep 23. Then today I unexpectedly purchased a truck camper shell to be built Sep/Oct. Now I need to figure out which Jeep Gladiator I want to buy. At the end of my Alaska trip I’ll sell my green Jeep.
Sounds like you have your hands full! Just let us know :)

Reactions: fmtx

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

I see there is a 12 rig limit so want to confirm I can make it before taking up a slot.... hadn’t been to Big Bend before do i need to make reservations at the Park as well?

TxasYukonXL

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Jackson Jr
Member #

I see there is a 12 rig limit so want to confirm I can make it before taking up a slot.... hadn’t been to Big Bend before do i need to make reservations at the Park as well?

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Actually not at Natl. Park but on private land nearby. GPS coordinates on Locations tab of Rally point. Look forward to having you join us!

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Actually not at Natl. Park but on private land nearby. GPS coordinates on Locations tab of Rally point. Look forward to having you join us! See you posted not attending, did you change your mind?
Plan on going to Santa Elena canyon, Chisos mountains, Black Gap trail, the hot springs, the mines, Terlungua, maybe the boardwalk at Lajitas if group wants to go.

wlson1970

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
jamie
Last Name
wilson
Member #

well what ever gladiator you pick im sure it will be ready to camp in the fall

Reactions: fmtx

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Is thiws going to be a base camp and go explore or a new site each night trip? I pull a m416 with a RTT. Would a trailer be a problem?
Trailer fine for all if has good clearance. Watch you tube videos if you don't plan to leave it at base camp to see if looks good to you. Need high clearance for Black Gap trail

jeepers29

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Georgetown, TX, USA
Member #

One more question. I see the rally point says 6am start time. Is that a starting time to caravan out there from a particular point or is that when everyone will be there getting ready to explore on day 1?

Wilson123

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rowlett, TX, USA
First Name
Carol
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

One more question. I see the rally point says 6am start time. Is that a starting time to caravan out there from a particular point or is that when everyone will be there getting ready to explore on day 1?
People coming from different areas of Texas so day 1 people will be driving to get there. We might be there early Friday as Jamie has to work Thursday. So all meeting there. Will be doing exploring on Friday starting in morning after breakfast