SOLD DELETE (CLOSED)

• HTML tutorial

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Not yet. Going to reach out Monday. They're swamped with T4R group buy from early in the year so I understand. I got hit with a death from my National Guard unit or I wouldve handled it this week but to much piled up. Stay tuned guys and thanks for having patience.

Sent from my Pixel using OB Talk mobile app

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Sent an email to Gobi. Last legitimate effort on my end since I have not heard back multiple times. If they do not reply in a reasonable time I may reach out to my 2nd option of FrontRunner

Kevin John Frey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tacoma, Wa
Member #

FrontRunner looks to be a more low profile rack anyway. I was looking at theirs last night and it's only 4.75" to the top of the rack rather than 6.5" I think on gobi. +1 for FromtRunner if we go that way

PNW Jeep

Reactions: PNWInfernoPro

PNWInfernoPro

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Kirkland, WA
First Name
Fred
Last Name
Dear
Member #

I ordered a Gobi for my Jeep GC last week. Was told it would take 8 to 12 weeks to get it. Moving on to FrontRunner; better, lighter, lower profile rack anyway.

My 2 cents

Kevin John Frey

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Tacoma, Wa
Member #

Scotlund moving the front few cross bars back or off won't work? You'd still have the front bar but at least you'd be able to see out.

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk

Scotlund

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Yeah I've been trying to read up on that option but haven't found a good pic of what it would ultimately look like. I assume that the front rail would still be running pretty much across the center of the opening.

The thing i like about the gobi is that the 4runner rack comes with the option of an entirely removable plate that allows the roof to be totally unobstructed.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

BobG

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Angier, NC, USA
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Gravelle
Member #

I've looked at both and the Gobi seems to be a bit deeper in basket style than the Frontrunner. I own a Thule rack right now and love the depth of the basket. I can load it up with my camping gear and then throw a basket net over all my gear. The Gobi also looks better than the Frontrunner. A matter of personal preference I guess...

SeguineJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Dickson City, PA
Member #

Preference will matter. I do not like the look nor height of the rack. I am not too concerned on basket height for use because I mainly plan on having the equipment on top mounted or bolted to the rack in general.

Reactions: BobG

Cavo

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger II

Great Falls, VA, USA
First Name
Colin
Last Name
Richard
Member #

Well, if you do get on a group buy, expect not to see it for 20 weeks. I did the group buy through 4runner.org on January 1 and I can only hope that I have it by June 1. Their customer service is atrocious from what I have read, in the fact that they do not return your calls or give false or vague information on your order.

Of course, I have the patience of a 2 year old when it comes to getting stuff for the rig.

On a good note, I hear it is worth the wait. :wink:

Reactions: Sean S and BobG