RC1107

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Mark
Last Name
H
Let us know how it turns out! Can't wait to see a few pics of the Softopper and Decked together!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
The Decked system works good under my snug top camper. Use my a lot. I only sleep on top of the deck and I'll put my cooler on top. One side cooking, the side is camping gear. Getting ready to go fishing. Making my coffee.
View attachment 180622
Looks just like my bed with a better stove. Same can of Cappuccino. Do you use some kind of mattres for sleeping? I just got a 3" memory foam roll up, need to use it when they open the woods back up.

iamsuperdan

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stony Plain, AB
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Clark
Member #

I had one in my previous Power Wagon. Was great for keeping the essentials somewhat organized. In hindsight, the next time around I'd do something about organizing the drawers themselves. Maybe actually using the dividers. Or possibly putting foam in there and cutting holes to fit boxes and equipment so it doesn't move around.

My one complaint? The bottle opener can't be used without spilling beer everywhere. It sits too low. lolz.

IMG_20170523_1134118.jpg

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Looks just like my bed with a better stove. Same can of Cappuccino. Do you use some kind of mattres for sleeping? I just got a 3" memory foam roll up, need to use it when they open the woods back up.
I use a 3" yoga mat that tri-folds from Walmart for about $70. The tri-fold works great because I can fold a third of it over towards the cab and put in a bundle of wood or anything else, then just unfold the mat and bed is made.

Reactions: madcratebuilder

dogmush

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
First Name
Dallas
Last Name
Hill
I have a decked system in the truck I'm replacing, and My wife and I really like it. We can get most of the camping gear in it except clothes and daypacks. I use one drawer and the tailgate for cooking. We like it well enough that when we went shopping for a more capable and comfortable truck, we got one that we could move the Decked into. This isn't the best pic of my old truck but you can see the drawer open in "kitchen mode". There's a stove on the tailgate next to it, and my wife is getting food out of the cooler strapped to the top.

We also have a couple of the boxes that fit in it for organization, and the rails on the top to tie stuff too.

Attachments