Rank II

Member I

Fresno
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Pascoe
Member #

I am seriously considering purchasing one for my gen 3 tacoma. I have read a bunch of reviews and it seems like a solid product. Are there any members that one and would care to share their thoughts?

Bishop

Rank I

Contributor III

San Diego
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Seratti
I am seriously considering purchasing one for my gen 3 tacoma. I have read a bunch of reviews and it seems like a solid product. Are there any members that one and would care to share their thoughts?
If it was just me on my own I'd definitely install the Decked system but since I sometimes go on family trips, the bed space is a must have for the fridge, sleeping bags, extra tents etc. Also don't like losing access to the power outlet.

Pascoe1973

Rank II

Member I

Fresno
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Pascoe
Member #

I plan on putting a shell on the truck and relocating the power outlet.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
On my truck the Decked system is just above the wheel wells, I have more flat bed space with it. The dead space in front and behind the wheel wells are storage pockets with snap on covers. Lot of secure storage, a good sleeping platform. I have a softopper and I'm dry and pretty much dust proof.

Reactions: G & J

Pascoe1973

Rank II

Member I

Fresno
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Pascoe
Member #

Thanks for your experience. I plan on putting a hard top on it and then I'm looking at the GFC super light roof top tent. It's a project and slow going.

MMc

Rank V

Influencer II

San Dimas, Ca.
First Name
Mike
Last Name
McMullen
Member #

Let me start with all my trucks have had shells on them.I had one and got rid of it. I had a truck with a 6’ ft bed and it was a long pull to get to the back. The stuff that fit in the drawers was mostly light and could ride on top. They were a pain for the way I camp.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I just got my new decked drawer system delivered for my Ram this week, now since it doesn't work with the OEM drop in bed liner I will have to wait for Spring to install it. I want to make sure that I LineX or Raptor Line the bed before I install it. Now I'm also installing a Softopper Canvas Top so that Cargo Glide looks like a great option. In the meantime I'm going to use these Kolbalt 50 Gallon Tool boxes on wheels to access what I need on top.

Attachments

DRAX

Rank V

Advocate I

Monticello, IL
First Name
Hogan
Last Name
Whittall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W9DRX
I had a shell and a Bedrug in my truck for a while but got tired of the storage box shuffle when camping. Removed the Bedrug and installed a Decked storage instead, huge improvement and the tilting fridge slide works great with my ICECO VL60 dual-zone fridge. :)

20201007_144258171_iOS.jpg
20201007_174815700_iOS.jpg
20201114_153830.jpg

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I Like your setup. I might switch it up in a few years to a RSI EVO Smartcap.

Reactions: DRAX

RC1107

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Minnesota
First Name
Mark
Last Name
H
Looks great everyone. I'm probably going with a Softopper for a new truck next year (currently running a 2017 Rebel) and am considering a Decked system, if they fit together on a Ram 2500. Nice setups!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Looks great everyone. I'm probably going with a Softopper for a new truck next year (currently running a 2017 Rebel) and am considering a Decked system, if they fit together on a Ram 2500. Nice setups!
I called Softopper and you only need 7.5 inches from the top of the bed. Since the Decked takes up 12, and the Ram's average bed depth runs 21.5 inches it should work just fine.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I called Softopper and you only need 7.5 inches from the top of the bed. Since the Decked takes up 12, and the Ram's average bed depth runs 21.5 inches it should work just fine.
I just set up my Line X appointment for next week so that I can install the Decked draw system and Softopper. I'm going to Line X the Fender Flares, Bumpers and Lower Rockers as well. I can't wait to get so I can take my pups out winter camping in the Hot Tent

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

I just got my new decked drawer system delivered for my Ram this week, now since it doesn't work with the OEM drop in bed liner I will have to wait for Spring to install it. I want to make sure that I LineX or Raptor Line the bed before I install it. Now I'm also installing a Softopper Canvas Top so that Cargo Glide looks like a great option. In the meantime I'm going to use these Kolbalt 50 Gallon Tool boxes on wheels to access what I need on top.
Just dropped off the Ram at LineX, step 1 before installing the Decked Draw System and Softopper.

Attachments