Porto, Portugal
First Name
JDavid
Last Name
Silva
Member #

Haha that made me laugh! Someday!
YES Sir! Some damned/blessed day!
It has its own unique beauty and a bit of fun with the jets zooming overhead breaking the sound barrier
Yeah!
Not to speak of the gourmet-kind-of-fun that blue-sliding-pandora's-box of yours can provide ay? :grinning:
(FANTASTIC JOB!!! btw)

• Haha
Reactions: PapaDave

reecool

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Arcadia, CA, USA
First Name
Henry
Last Name
Wang
Member #

12/12, looks like its full, If you guys can take one more spot, I would love to join, please Instagram me #reecool, thank you!

WeOverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
G
Member #

Okay fellow overlanders I have hand held in hand (need someone to verse me on its use) and will be pulling out of Ontario CA. approaching from the south this afternoon. camping tonight at 395 Coho junction rest stop about 63km south of lone pine meet up, 2pm friday is the meet up time in lone pine if I do not have my info correct please contact me 7865471591

green 100 series 99 TLC w/RTT

Cheers!!

Reactions: PapaDave

SashaLee

Rank IV
Launch Member
Investor

Enthusiast III

Long Beach, CA 90815, USA
First Name
Sasha
Last Name
Kanno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BZX
Hi- We were out running DV with my crew and came across one of the OB members, might have been on this run. He was in a Land Crusier - Jack from Florida, said he'd been in Mexico for a few years. He got lost and had a flat tire. We helped him change his tire and knew where his crew was camping because one of our trucks went up to scout it for a spot to camp.

Just a friendly reminder to hold the turns and make sure nobody gets left behind. He was flustered and unprepared with a bottle jack on a busy and rocky road. he had a handheld PTT but no HAM license. I tried to transmit for him but those handheld are only line of sight.

If we didn't come along he would have had a shitty night. It was cold and he was having a crap time.

Anyway, DV is no joke so be prepared and make sure you don't leave anyone behind. Especially at night.

WeOverlander

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Miami, FL, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
G
Member #

Hi- We were out running DV with my crew and came across one of the OB members, might have been on this run. He was in a Land Crusier - Jack from Florida, said he'd been in Mexico for a few years. He got lost and had a flat tire. We helped him change his tire and knew where his crew was camping because one of our trucks went up to scout it for a spot to camp.

Just a friendly reminder to hold the turns and make sure nobody gets left behind. He was flustered and unprepared with a bottle jack on a busy and rocky road. he had a handheld PTT but no HAM license. I tried to transmit for him but those handheld are only line of sight.

If we didn't come along he would have had a shitty night. It was cold and he was having a crap time.

Anyway, DV is no joke so be prepared and make sure you don't leave anyone behind. Especially at night.
Thank You SashaLee, for stating the importance of "don't leave anyone behind". We are a community of overlanders, adventures and explores it is vital that a practice such as this be implemented as a matter of importance, safety and unconditional pledge when traveling in a community.

I also want to thank your team for the assistance you and your team provided me, not only helping with the change of my tire but you also went out of your way to make sure I was on the right track to catch up to my group to which I was separated.

Thank you again , I hope our paths will cross again perhaps I could join your team when going on other adventures.

Cheers and Safe Travels!

PS SashaLee's group DirtDaysOffRoad.com "Dirt Days Baja Tours"

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
Safe travel requires preparedness in Death Valley. We made specific requirements for travel with our group. It was very simple.

1) HAM radio. Yes!!! You need a license to use HAM radio. That was a requirement for our group.

2) Amber Hazard lights. This was a requirement due to severe visibility due to dust. If one person in the group doesn’t have Ambers it affects everyone

3) we provided GPS map and coordinates for all routes and campsites. GPS maps is the standard for navigation. Paper maps are back up.

preparedness for the desert is essential wether you are traveling with a group or solo.

VanTrip

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Reno, NV
First Name
KC
Last Name
Mares
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7IFS
Bummed I couldn't make the November trip, how about a trip in early spring, like February or March?