Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
3 night trip to West Region of Death Valley. November 8th 8 am meet up in Modesto at 37.69962, -121.04917 (the McDonalds at the corner of Dale and Palendale) and then meet at Rally Point in Lone Pine for those outside of Modesto.

View Rally Point
Reactions: T-88 and PapaDave

T-88

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

CORONA
First Name
VINCENT
Last Name
T-88
Member #

3 night trip to West Region of Death Valley. November 8th 8 am meet up in Modesto at 37.69962, -121.04917 (the McDonalds at the corner of Dale and Palendale) and then meet at Rally Point in Lone Pine for those outside of Modesto.
May be available to go. I live in So Cal..

Reactions: PapaDave

Stephen144

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Vista, CA
First Name
STEPHEN
Last Name
KEMPERT
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK6TYU
What level of rig is required for this trip? I have a stock 2001 z71 4x4 Tahoe.

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE
What level of rig is required for this trip? I have a stock 2001 z71 4x4 Tahoe.
There are a few areas where a stock vehicle may not clear an obstacle. I would be hesitant to take a stock vehicle on this trip due to the obstacles and the rough terrain. With the Requirements for the trip will be 4x4, high clearance, rock sliders, extra fuel, Amber light on the rear of the vehicle and HAM radio communication.

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

There are a few areas where a stock vehicle may not clear an obstacle. I would be hesitant to take a stock vehicle on this trip due to the obstacles and the rough terrain. With the Requirements for the trip will be 4x4, high clearance, rock sliders, extra fuel, Amber light on the rear of the vehicle and HAM radio communication.
Is having a ham radio(and license) a requirement to attend? Just wanted to make sure. I am new here

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
Is having a ham radio(and license) a requirement to attend? Just wanted to make sure. I am new here
It is the best form of communication for many reasons, however to broadcast you are required to be licensed, which there are many classes around to do that. With that said, if cost is a concern, you can find some affordable Baofeng models on amazon so you could listen in. You do get what you pay for though :)

BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black)

Reactions: Dave K and EXPO_D1

EXPO_D1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Bakersfield, CA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Coyle
Member #

It is the best form of communication for many reasons, however to broadcast you are required to be licensed, which there are many classes around to do that. With that said, if cost is a concern, you can find some affordable Baofeng models on amazon so you could listen in. You do get what you pay for though :)

BaoFeng UV-5R Dual Band Two Way Radio (Black)
i have a listening device:sunglasses:

• Haha

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

it looks like you guys reached the group limit. I will keep checking the rally for an open spot.

mdupray

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Laguna Niguel, CA, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Dupray
Member #

I'm Heading up from the south. What's the meeting time for the rally point in Lone Pine? Looks like it's at the ballpark just passed and across the street from the Carl's Jr./Shell station.

I'm super excited about the trip. See you all there.

PapaDave

Local Expert Northern ID and North East WA

Protector II

Coeur d'Alene, ID, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Addington
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BKH
I'm Heading up from the south. What's the meeting time for the rally point in Lone Pine? Looks like it's at the ballpark just passed and across the street from the Carl's Jr./Shell station.

@DocTaco did you see this?

This will be a great trip, is everyone getting their rigs ready? I know I’m going to change out my diff oil before the trip

DocTaco

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Modesto
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Maston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZZE

meet in loan pine at

plan to meet up around 2 pm.