Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
I have a small group heading out Thanksgiving and going to SVHS for 2 nights then heading over Steel pass and through Dedeckera canyon into the Eureka Dunes for the night to camp there, form there we usually wing it, It'll be Thursday through Sunday Hope to run into you guys out there! We are leaving from Las Vegas Thursday if anyone wants to ride along you are welcome as well !

Reactions: rodrigosd88

rodrigosd88

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Walnut Creek, CA, EUA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
Domingues
Member #

Nice to know @ShipitCity hope to find you there! My truck is to big fo steel pass (I think). But I'll be at the canyons entrance at least :)

This is my Finished (almost) plan:

Screen Shot 2019-11-18 at 5.35.53 PM.png

Blue is day 1, Red Day2 and light blue day 3. if you want details on the route just use the Gaia GPS Folder

I've removed the hard parts of the trails, due to not knowing if I'll have more than one car. I'll he carrying a garmin with inReach, so if I need help, I can call, but I tried to minimize the risk by selecting easy roads :)

If anyone wants to tag along, please let me know. Or if you have any questions or suggestions for the route, let me know too :)

Reactions: Go2AllThePlaces

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Nice to know @ShipitCity hope to find you there! My truck is to big fo steel pass (I think). But I'll be at the canyons entrance at least :)

This is my Finished (almost) plan:

View attachment 127611

Blue is day 1, Red Day2 and light blue day 3. if you want details on the route just use the Gaia GPS Folder

I've removed the hard parts of the trails, due to not knowing if I'll have more than one car. I'll he carrying a garmin with inReach, so if I need help, I can call, but I tried to minimize the risk by selecting easy roads :)

If anyone wants to tag along, please let me know. Or if you have any questions or suggestions for the route, let me know too :)
What do you drive? Last year we got a full size Silverado and a Duramax through steel!

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
If you guys havent then I do suggest checking the weather! It looks absolutely horrible!

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps
Hey guys,

I'm planning a trip to Death Valley in the last week of November, anyone has any tips? Places I can't miss?

Does anyone want to join? I'm open to any trip size for that week :)
Inyo mine is cool, at the end of Echo Canyon. Also the trip over Hunter Mountain and Reward Mine is super cool...

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

If you guys havent then I do suggest checking the weather! It looks absolutely horrible!
Don’t let the weather stop you. Last February I spent a cold rainy weekend at the Geologists Cabin, it was one of my best trips to Death Valley. I did worry a bit though, it rained a lot, and the only ways out were through canyons. But I made it out through Goler Canyon without any problem.

Reactions: Mike G

Blue Falcon

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Don’t let the weather stop you. Last February I spent a cold rainy weekend at the Geologists Cabin, it was one of my best trips to Death Valley. I did worry a bit though, it rained a lot, and the only ways out were through canyons. But I made it out through Goler Canyon without any problem.
I don't agree entirely. Flash floods are a great way to die in the southwest deserts. If someone isn't prepared the cold is brutal. There are storms forecast for this coming week bringing snow and rain to the region. Before leaving a look at current and updated forecasts is imperative.

Reactions: Go2AllThePlaces

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

I’m heading into the park Thursday morning. I can deal with the cold, it’s the rain that’s a pain in the butt. Will be driving a greet Jeep with white rtt.

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
I’m heading into the park Thursday morning. I can deal with the cold, it’s the rain that’s a pain in the butt. Will be driving a greet Jeep with white rtt.
Where are you leaving from? We are leaving at 9am Thursday from Vegas,you are welcome to come along.

Last edited:

bhunter74

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Rio Verde, AZ, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
James
Member #

Where are you leaving from? We are leaving at 9am Thursday from Vegas,you are welcome to come along.
Leaving Phoenix around noon on Wednesday. Camping close to Overton Wednesday night. Not sure exactly what time we will get on the road. Maybe will catch up to you if possible.

Go2AllThePlaces

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Las Vegas
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Umlauf
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7BBB
Leaving Phoenix around noon on Wednesday. Camping close to Overton Wednesday night. Not sure exactly what time we will get on the road. Maybe will catch up to you if possible.
We have 2 jeeps and my 80 series for sure going, are you on ham radio?

Attachments

Joseph Mongillo

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler III

Camarillo, CA
First Name
Joseph
Last Name
Mongillo
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6WLT
Anyone else headed up the day after Thanksgiving? Was fixing to do this or Mojave

rodrigosd88

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Walnut Creek, CA, EUA
First Name
Rodrigo
Last Name
Domingues
Member #

Hope everyone had a safe trip. Mine was awesome, got some amazing views, the weather was not bad, but I left the park on Wed, and the bad weather was no there yet, I'll share some pics soon, maybe a video. :)