Day trip to Crown King

• HTML tutorial

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

My in-laws were in town for the holidays and wanted to do some 4wheeling so we loaded up and headed out to drive the Back Way to Crown King, just north of Phoenix AZ. We hit the trail just before sunrise.

One of my favorite signs to stumble across.

A short way in we caught up with some kids in Jeeps and turned our solo journey into a convoy. These kids weren’t afraid to break anything and afford plenty of peer-pressure for me to push the FJ

Most obstacles have bypasses and a brand new bone stock Titan made the journey! We elected to skip the bypasses! The journey took about 5 hours and ended in the town of Crown King where we were met with good food and great hospitality by the residents of this very charming town.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

tpuckett

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

snowflake az
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Puckett
Member #

i love that trip ive driven every 4x4 I have owned up the road, good times. great looking Toyota thanks for the report

Reactions: CHILL907

Daryl 32

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Corona, Ca
Member #

Thank you for sharing - some great shoots!

We went up to Crown King over Thanksgiving on Senator Highway as we were in Prescott with my mom.

It is not as challenging as the back way but has it spots of challenge for our 2wd F250.

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

Thank you for sharing - some great shoots!

We went up to Crown King over Thanksgiving on Senator Highway as we were in Prescott with my mom.

It is not as challenging as the back way but has it spots of challenge for our 2wd F250.
The washboard is no joke along the Senator Highway

Reactions: Daryl 32

CHILL907

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Peoria, AZ
Member #

The climb leaving the stage coach way station is a fun one too, we reaped some lugs off the rear tires on that one!
My wife and mother-in-law met us in Crown King in our truck, and rattled the battery cables loose on the senator highway. I’d love to take a rally car up that ;)

Reactions: Daryl 32