DamJeep

• HTML tutorial

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Tonight I installed more lights in the rear of the jeep. The hatch lights are more external than I'd like, so I put the same lights I used under the hood in the top trim piece of the rear hatch. They ended up being pointed a little higher than I wanted, but it's much better than before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Finally got around to re routing my intake hoses under the hood. I ended up taking my spectre cowl intake and cutting the filter part out of it. Then took a flex tube at each end from the intake to the snorkel. Doesn't look too great, but it'll do.

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Got a chance the other day to finally swap out my track bar. As of now, everything has been replaced on the from end since last March. From control arms to hubs. My steering has been completely changed and I feel like I’m driving a different Jeep!

I also made a video on the pros of a new trackbar with before and after-jeep videos.

Also took er out for a shakedown run for an overnighter. Man I love this setup.

Attachments

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Got a chance the other day to finally swap out my track bar. As of now, everything has been replaced on the from end since last March. From control arms to hubs. My steering has been completely changed and I feel like I’m driving a different Jeep!

I also made a video on the pros of a new trackbar with before and after-jeep videos.

Also took er out for a shakedown run for an overnighter. Man I love this setup.

What are your thoughts on the Tuff Stuff tent? Really want to pull the trigger on one because of the price and what it comes with. Just wanted to know from someone who has one.

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
What are your thoughts on the Tuff Stuff tent? Really want to pull the trigger on one because of the price and what it comes with. Just wanted to know from someone who has one.
Easily the best addition to the rig. The cost is the answer in itself. The quality is top notch. I have not had 1 issue with mine.

In fact. I am eyeing up the double wide tent now that they sell it. I need more room for the whole fam to go. I would definitely recommend it.

Reactions: Rubicon72

Rubicon72

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, Minnesota
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Member #

Easily the best addition to the rig. The cost is the answer in itself. The quality is top notch. I have not had 1 issue with mine.

In fact. I am eyeing up the double wide tent now that they sell it. I need more room for the whole fam to go. I would definitely recommend it.

Not sure if I should buy it now or wait for a sale. I feel like the "Tuff Stuff" tents don't go on sale.

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Haven’t been on in a while. Still cruisin around. Here’s a few tidbits since I’ve been gone.

Went camping

Took a drive

Another drive

It snowed

Bought 2 more jeeps and a dog

Changed fuel pump

Bought a drone

Bought new tires MTZ 2s

Went to Moab Easter safari

Easter Jeep Safari Vlog
Took another drive

Bought another jeep

This was last week

Been pretty busy with work and life and everything else adults do. Not much new with the jeep besides the fuel pump.

I think my next setup will be a Viair setup with a tank. My little pump under the hood still does work, but I think it’s time for an upgrade.

Cheers!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Last edited:

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
A few exciting (for me) things going on lately.

For 7 years I’ve had this jeep and it has had a check engine light on since the day I bought it. Evap leak- something I could ignore.

Well, I finally fixed it. Found out the Evap can had a huge hole in it after taking it out and seeing it was smashed in. Went to the junkyard and pulled one out for $5.50- 3 bolts later and the light is finally gone. [emoji1360]

Next up was the airbag light. Since rebuilding the engine, it’s been on from when I replaced the steering box and broke the clock spring somehow. Swapped that out and now all wheel controls and horn work.

Small victories are awesome. Especially after 7 years of dealing with them [emoji1598]

On a kinda sad note, I’ve sold my rear drawer setup— I feel it’s time for something new. I’m going to attempt to do one of the double slide drawers for the stove on one side, with just storage on the other. I’m also hoping to do something a little slimmer since now we have a full grown lab that we’ll be taking with us and he has a hard time sitting up with the taller box in the back.

Also am planning on a new driver floor board since mine is rusted out. And a full viair on board air setup.

Oh and I tossed the jeep trailer idea. Way too much time and money needed for it. Maybe a pipe dream for another era. [emoji1598]

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Took a trip a few months ago up the northern Uintas.

IMG_8739.JPG

IMG_8790.JPG

It was the first trip in about 2 years without my drawer setup and it only wanted me to get making another one. (Easier said that done.) it’s coming soon. Just want to get everything in order and all ideas on the table.

In the mean time- I came across a sweet little trailer and couldn’t pass it up.

IMG_9343.JPG

First order of business was flipping the axle. It ended up giving me about 3 inches:

IMG_9345.JPG

Next I threw some lights on it, not a huge deal, but with future plans, I didn’t want the jeep lights to be obstructed and get the law dogs after me.

IMG_9351.JPG

Next in line is a new axle- nothing wrong with this one, but the fact it’s 5x5 lugs on a weird size hub rated for about 5500 lbs?

With a new axle set to be about 8” longer (4” each side) I plan to get it all set up for some 33x15” tires and wheels to match the jeep. Tie that in with some jacks and a roof tent rack and I’ll have a ~$800 adventure trailer ready to roll.

IMG_9350.JPG

Reactions: Rick Levesque

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Took a minute today to throw the jacks on all corners. Once installed I realized I’d hate to hand crank all of them so I cut the handles off and welded a lug nut on the gear drive. I will carry a 12v drill with socket for quick jack deployment. [emoji1360]

IMG_9357.JPG

IMG_9360.JPG

IMG_9362.JPG

IMG_9363.JPG

Next will be a paint job as I wait for the new axle setup. As well as figuring out how to turn the roof into a lift hatch. Stay tuned [emoji1598]

jamdeeper

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Ogden, Ut
Little progress on the trailer yesterday.

First framed out some 1” 90 for the lid.

IMG_9527.JPG
IMG_9528.JPGIMG_9529.JPG

Welded on some hinges and set some gas struts. Voila.

IMG_9539.JPG

Going to be a few weeks before the tent rack can get installed. Hopefully I get the axle and wheels before camping this next weekend. [emoji573]

Reactions: RootedWanderers