Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

I'm following now. Thanks for sharing. Theres another one going on across Africa. I believe it's called the ATR.

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Dakar is my Television time each year. So, soon Iam hooked to the televison for two weeks.
Favourites are thedutchies of course. Gerard de Rooy Trucks. Several guys in the Cars, Tim and Tom Coronel with Buggy's and lots of guys on the Bikes.
I hope they all survive this again.

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

^People die doing this rally?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

Yes, unfortunally almost every year people die. Its like all extreme sports. People die. Such is life.
But if I have to die, I prefer dieing in the Dakar rally as falling from the kitchen sink.

Reactions: Mad Garden Gnome

Drift

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midwest
First Name
DJ
Last Name
Drift
Member #

Do they fall off a cliff, die from wrecks, or just from getting stuck in the harsh elements? Probably all of them.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

Robert OB 33/48

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder III

Gaanderen
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Keim
Member #

All of them and more, car accidents on the normal roads, but most of the getting stuck and being completely exhaust.

Mad Garden Gnome

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Templeton, Ca
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Marlett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6ORV
Some, the victim of simple physics. Fabrizio Meoni, motorcyclist, was at a slow casual speed, doing something with his nav gear, when he dropping into a dip. He took that tall number plate/shield right in the throat and bled out immediately. Complete freak accident. Some are high speed unloads.

Schnell_958

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Slutsky
Member #

Huge Dakar fan, here. My buddy, Angelo Vlcek is racing on a Husqvarna. He is from the Czech Republic, but lives in Charleston, SC. He is running 75th overall!

Last edited:

theick

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Las Vegas
Member #

Dakar is my Television time each year. So, soon Iam hooked to the televison for two weeks.
Favourites are thedutchies of course. Gerard de Rooy Trucks. Several guys in the Cars, Tim and Tom Coronel with Buggy's and lots of guys on the Bikes.
I hope they all survive this again.
Where is it being televised?