D.C. area Caravan to Baja MX in February ?

• HTML tutorial

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

I was wondering if anyone would like to caravan down to Baja Mx in February. I am located in the D.C. area and we can rally around the area or anywhere on the way. This would my first time going and I am taking some tips from thesamba and other forums. I was thinking 4 days there, 6-8 days there and 4-5 days back. Let me know if you are interested and we can start putting things together.

I have 2 dogs and a girlfriend.
An older rig with brand new drivetrain, brakes, suspension (but still old).
My gf likes to take pictures. A LOT OF PICTURES.
We like to hike but might keep things limited to 4-5 miles plus since our dogs are getting older.
You are welcome to split off at any time if what we have planned isn't your cup of tea.
We are in our mid-thirties and enjoy a couple drinks but wont get trashed.

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

Ya I can understand it is hard to grab 2-3 weeks off for a trip. If anyone is interested It would be great to grab a few local guys together.

trailhunter

Rank III

Traveler I

US
I'm VA, I cannot go but I have quite a bit of family in baja. Drop by Guadalupe for some Russian food and wineries. My grandmother's home turned into a small russian museum, my cousin makes good food there :)

Brock Samson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Brock
Last Name
Samson
Member #

This does sound like a good time but the notice is short for me. My wife would be definitely down for Baja...been talking about it ever since Expo West '17. Haha

elizer

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Northern Virginia
First Name
eli
Last Name
kim
Member #

For now it has been delayed. It is looking like more of a Utah trip in April. Dog had to get acl and meniscus surgery so he wont be ready to go by February. Baja may be pushed to next year. Especially since February is supposed to be baby blue whale season.