Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

Can anyone give suggestions on cutting down road noise? I thought about DynaMat but its so expensive I wasn't sure if that was the only way to go. Thank you for any help!

Reactions: SgtMac

Enthusiast III

Germantown, WI, USA
First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Owens
Member #

Reactions: BlueLineOverland

JungleSkunk

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Ive read about fender well and other undercoatings being used to dampen sound. Even bed liner type products have been used but I have limited experience with it other than slapping it on my bumpers for its normal intended uses.

This stuff also looks promising.

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I've tried the bedliner but without putting the carpet back in it didn't make a big difference. Maybe the commercial ones that are really thick would be more effective. This time I'm using lizard skin and some 3/8 thick automotive sound insulation. And putting the carpet back in! Should be much quieter.

BlueLineOverland

Local Expert, Arkansas USA

Experimenter II

Ozark Arkansas
First Name
Mason
Last Name
Berry
Member #

I've tried the bedliner but without putting the carpet back in it didn't make a big difference. Maybe the commercial ones that are really thick would be more effective. This time I'm using lizard skin and some 3/8 thick automotive sound insulation. And putting the carpet back in! Should be much quieter.

Please let me know how it works out

SgtMac

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson, AZ 85747, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
McGuire
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Ret.
Can anyone give suggestions on cutting down road noise? I thought about DynaMat but its so expensive I wasn't sure if that was the only way to go. Thank you for any help!
I have used Noico 80mil with pretty good success. Goes on easy, sticks really well. I did 4 doors and back cab wall of my Tacoma, with noticeable improvement. Plan on doing the entire floor as well, when I get the time.

Flipper

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Florida
First Name
John
Last Name
F
Member #

Sonic Barrier. Parts- Express.com Same as Dynamat 1/2 the price. Did the wifes Outback cut noise down around 30%. Good instructional video. Used the UT on the floors where thickness was an issue and the MX on the walls that is about a 1/2” thicker with a extra layer of butyl foam. Super sticky, I laid the sheets in the sun before installing, it was much easier to work with.

Enthusiast II

Hartford, SD
I don't have it back on the road yet. But after banging on the sides after the lizard skin the tinny and echo are almost completely gone. I also sprayed some between the 2 layers of the roof when I had it open.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Freshen up your suspension and dont run mud tires. If its the body rattling you can use sound deadener mats but that stuff can get pricey real quick, could alo put truck bed liner on inside the cab also gets pricey.

58-fc170

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

Just add 6 gallons of lizard skin and that should keep it quiet. (i did it on my project in my build thread and it made a huge difference) :sunglasses:

Be careful with truck bed liners inside a cab as they off gas and those fumes aren't good for anyone.