Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

Disclaimer- Please read this carefully! (Moved 3/1 to a more visible location)
*Please allow 3-5 business days for delivery*
*Please note these are an aftermarket product, that are intended for off-road use*
*They are to be installed at the owners discretion, and the owner will assume all risk*
*The builder is not responsible for any damage to any vehicles during the installation or use of these products*
*It's the buyers responsibility for securing any loose parts when the links are removed*
*No used links will be returned*
*1 year warranty on all links (cost after 1st year)
*All sales are final*
*By purchasing these links, you understand and assume all risk*

These links will work on lifts up to 3", and add an additional 1" to the overall length. These are made with 1/2-20 LH chromoly rod ends with nylon races. They have 3/4" hex bar that has been drill to 1/2-20 LH on one end and 1/2-20 RH on the other. The bushing side has 1/2-20 B7 threaded rod that is rated at 150,000 PSI. All links will the option of red or black Energy Suspension bushings. These will fit stock sway bar link mounts, and no drilling is required for these. You can get these made two different ways.

I'd like to give some information on the double disconnects and getting them disconnect. First off, please do not over tighten the top bushings. Over tightening the top bushings will cause you to not be able to release the top pin. If you wrench down on the bushings, you will not be able to slide the heim off the stud.

3rd Gen 4runner Links:

4th & 5th Gen 4runner, FJ Cruiser, and GX Links:

Custom Powder Coat Links:

These are my 3rd Gen double-disconnects.

PLEASE READ BELOW FOR PRICING, AND KNOW WHAT YOU'RE ORDERING WHEN YOU ORDER IT!
Pricing
*Standard Links - $170 for front or rear; $220 for front and rear
*3rd Gen Disco's - $200 for front; $250 for front and standard rear
*4th and 5th Gen Disco's - $220 for front; $270 for front and standard rear
*Powder Coated - +$20
*Heim Boots - +$20

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

markl

Rank 0

Contributor I

Golden, CO, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Labac
Hi Mike,
Can I purchase a set of the links? I just joined the forum so having problems trying to send a PM.
Mark

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

The main post has been updated with current information. We now stock a large amount of Toyota links, and ship the next day. Feel free to reach out if you're looking for something that we might not stock.

Mike

bmwguru

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer I

Indianapolis, IN, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Pickrell
Member #

The main post has been updated with current information. We now stock a large amount of Toyota links, and ship the next day. Feel free to reach out if you're looking for something that we might not stock.

Mike
Is there a website?

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

Something new coming to the site around the second week of December. Here's a link for anyone who might be interested, and there's a sign up link on that page. These will be available for ALL the models that I currently sell links for.

[

Mike

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

We've been "testing" these very links for a few thousand miles now and couldn't be happier with them. They combine the increased strength over the stock links with the durability and maintenance free attributes of the Toyota joints. It's a win-win.

Here's a short video we produced about them.

misaacs6516

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Isaacs
Member #

Hey Mike, I bought this last year (last version with the cones) and I have had nothing but trouble out of them, tons of noise and popping when flexing. How would I go about getting this corrected version? Anyway to just swap out the end links themselves and leave the powder coated section? I am at a point I am ready to rip these things off if we cant get them resolved, the noise has gotten to a point I cant stand driving, there is alot of play in them, not sure if they have actually failed or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

Hey Mike, I bought this last year (last version with the cones) and I have had nothing but trouble out of them, tons of noise and popping when flexing. How would I go about getting this corrected version? Anyway to just swap out the end links themselves and leave the powder coated section? I am at a point I am ready to rip these things off if we cant get them resolved, the noise has gotten to a point I cant stand driving, there is a lot of play in them, not sure if they have actually failed or not. Any help is appreciated. Thanks
If they haven't been maintained they will start making noise, and that will progress to popping since the races in the joints are dried out. I do sell the forged joints separate, and they'll fit the hex tubes that you have. Shoot me an email: overlandcustomdesign@gmail.com

Mike

misaacs6516

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Isaacs
Member #

If they haven't been maintained they will start making noise, and that will progress to popping since the races in the joints are dried out. I do sell the forged joints separate, and they'll fit the hex tubes that you have. Shoot me an email: overlandcustomdesign@gmail.com

Mike
Ok, I will reach out shortly. If you remember me, these have been loud since the day I installed (May 2020) I had contacted you several months ago and the truck sat through most of 2020 since we were locked down from Covid. These have maybe 2000k miles tops. Hoping we can do some kind of swap. I have alot invested into this upgrade and have yet to have any quiet usage. Thanks

misaacs6516

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Louisville, KY, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Isaacs
Member #

Mike
Hey Mike, thanks for getting the upgraded version to me so quick. I installed over the weekend and I couldn't be happier, completely silent operation so far and a better fit where they bolt up to the sway bar, the bolt fits much better\tighter which is where my noise was coming from. I can now say I fully recommend these, the ride quality is perfect and zero sound. Thanks again for the quick turnaround on the order.

Reactions: MStudt

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

Hey Mike, thanks for getting the upgraded version to me so quick. I installed over the weekend and I couldn't be happier, completely silent operation so far and a better fit where they bolt up to the sway bar, the bolt fits much better\tighter which is where my noise was coming from. I can now say I fully recommend these, the ride quality is perfect and zero sound. Thanks again for the quick turnaround on the order.
Glad to hear that everything worked out for you.

Mike

Bluesman

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Arizona, USA
Member #

Hi Mike:
Glad to see you're out here. Wasn't aware you were a member. I'm on your site purchasing the latest version of the "ball joint" type links for the front and rear of my Gen 3 Runner. It shows a $20 flat rate shipping to my location. I need to know what carrier you use. I am currently posted in an area without direct USPS delivery service. I want to have them shipped to the shop doing the install, but if it is USPS I have to use a POB or PMB not a street address. Also, what is current expected delivery time?

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

Hi Mike:
Glad to see you're out here. Wasn't aware you were a member. I'm on your site purchasing the latest version of the "ball joint" type links for the front and rear of my Gen 3 Runner. It shows a $20 flat rate shipping to my location. I need to know what carrier you use. I am currently posted in an area without direct USPS delivery service. I want to have them shipped to the shop doing the install, but if it is USPS I have to use a POB or PMB not a street address. Also, what is current expected delivery time?
I mainly use USPS, but also ship with UPS. All my links are in stock, and ship the next business day.

Mike