Crosstrek Suspension Help

• HTML tutorial

PNWSubie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hey all, I'm relatively new to the overland community, but want to dive on in :)
I've been an observer of different builds, and have followed some builds on Instagram and general corners of the internet for awhile, but want to start on my own. I'm a college student working on saving for a house, but that won't stop me :)

I was talking to some friends in my local scene about where to start, and was told tire and wheels, and suspension are the best places to start. I have a plan for wheels and tires, but I'm lost when it comes to suspension.

I have a 2014 XV Crosstrek, and want some suspension that is mostly just a bit beefier and off road specific than the stock suspension.

Anyone have ideas for brands/models of suspension that I should check out?

Thank you in advance :)

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Daniel Etter

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Fishers, IN
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Etter
Member #

The only decent lift kit I have come across for the crosstrek is the Primitive lift.
http://get-primitive.com/lift-kits/148-2013-crosstrek-lift-kit.html
This is the same lift that the Subaru dealership here puts on their "speciality" crosstreks along with beefier tires, cargo basket, etc. I think there are a few other crosstrek builds on here that were looking to lift, so I would do a search on here for crosstrek builds. Hope that helps!

PNWSubie

Rank 0

Traveler I

Ah yes, I've seen that one. The other lift I've seen was Anderson Design, but that is just a body lift which while I think I'd actually love that, I still want to upgrade the actual suspension. I will definitely look into it, thank you!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Ah yes, I've seen that one. The other lift I've seen was Anderson Design, but that is just a body lift which while I think I'd actually love that, I still want to upgrade the actual suspension. I will definitely look into it, thank you!
Well thats only partially true with the ADF lift. The front suspension isn't but the rear is a body lift IF you use the multilink spacers. Unfortunately there isn't much beyond higher spring rate springs when it comes to the the actual struts. That said people do quite a lot on the OE suspension.

Tires alone will let you get the most out of the 8'7" of ground clearance your car came with but something I would move up your list is armor. Not that its overly sensitive but if you plan to get out there protecting your cars belly should be a priority. I run Primitive armor and if you buy the pieces together you get a nice discount.

Trekkieusn

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Tucson Az
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Berno
Member #

I am replacing the struts all the way around and using chris king springs then a ADF 2 in lift with multi-links, I also have the Primitive triple armour well worth it to have them

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
On my Outback I have the 2" ADF lift with multi-links, BFG AT KO2's and am getting stock height King springs (front and rear) on it in the next few months.

Reactions: Trekkieusn