Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

For those that don't know us, we overland fulltime...with a toddler. We're taking our first international trip later this week and heading into the interior of Mexico.

Our Jeep "GUARDIAN" is finally packed.

Guardian-Loaded-For-Mexico.png

Jan 5: We'll be crossing the border in Laredo, Texas and heading down to an area called EL SALTO just outside Monterrey, Mexico which is a wild camping spot known for rock climbing.

Jan 6: We'll be heading to San Luis Potosi and staying in the area until Jan 17

Jan 17-20: We hope to connect with some fellow Overland Bound members in Mexico for an epic weekend.

Jan 20: We start making our way to Puebla, Puebla.

Jan 22: Arrive in Puebla and we'll be in that area until February 8.

Feb 8: No clue. We haven't planned that far out but we know we need to be in Northern Alabama by mid-March so we'll probably start heading back north.

Any questions, advice, comments. Hit me.

Eric AKA Jeepsies
OB14045

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Forgive me for this feedback but your crazy for putting your toddler/loved ones at risk down there. Your jeep will stick out like a sore thumb. Having family in mexico. I dont even visit them.

But of course, safe travels.

Edit: if you go, read for any advisories https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/traveladvisories/traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Life is a risk, and we don't live in fear. We've done our due diligence, prepared as best as we can, and will use common sense.

I thank you for your concern and will say that you are not alone in your concern. Having said that, there are many overlanders down there with rigs nicer than ours. We're even meeting up with @ChepoCDT and several other members of Overland Bound who live in Mexico.

If you think this is crazy, wait until we hit Jerusalem someday. Our plan is to overland the world.

zach white

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Greenville, SC
Member #

Life is a risk, and we don't live in fear. We've done our due diligence, prepared as best as we can, and will use common sense.

I thank you for your concern and will say that you are not alone in your concern. Having said that, there are many overlanders down there with rigs nicer than ours. We're even meeting up with @ChepoCDT and several other members of Overland Bound who live in Mexico.

If you think this is crazy, wait until we hit Jerusalem someday. Our plan is to overland the world.
[emoji115]Looks like this guys doesn’t want to have any regrets in life...can’t say I blame ya bud. Safe travels and I am, to say the least, a little jealous[emoji23]

Reactions: 8yearsglobal

8yearsglobal

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

?
First Name
Bronson
Last Name
Mills
Member #

Our family is full time as well but on an 8 year world trip. Prior to this, we had traveled to 20 countries over the past 13 years for a month at a time. Its always an eye opener to see the travel warnings to the US from those countries (violent crime, regular shootings, mass shootings, extreme healthcare costs, natural disasters, etc.). Having driven the US the past 5 months, it was also an eye opener watching the news all across the country and hearing the same thing...two shootings last night. Have fun on your travels, we could cross paths once we cross from baja to the mainland and head to Yucatan. We plan on spending the next 3 years in Latin America before selling the rig and picking up a built Land Cruiser 78 in Australia to drive through Asia to Europe.

Drive safe, be aware, but most importantly, enjoy the trip!

Reactions: Hourless Life

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hey @Jeepsies ! Man, I'm jealous. Enjoy your trip buddy! And you know, of course, that I can personally vouch for @ChepoCDT ! Glad you guys are getting to link up! Chepo's one heck of a nice guy and a great tour guide! One day I'll go back!

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Our family is full time as well but on an 8 year world trip. Prior to this, we had traveled to 20 countries over the past 13 years for a month at a time. Its always an eye opener to see the travel warnings to the US from those countries (violent crime, regular shootings, mass shootings, extreme healthcare costs, natural disasters, etc.). Having driven the US the past 5 months, it was also an eye opener watching the news all across the country and hearing the same thing...two shootings last night. Have fun on your travels, we could cross paths once we cross from baja to the mainland and head to Yucatan. We plan on spending the next 3 years in Latin America before selling the rig and picking up a built Land Cruiser 78 in Australia to drive through Asia to Europe.

Drive safe, be aware, but most importantly, enjoy the trip!
We'd love to cross paths with you! Let us know if you'll be in our area. Email is jeepsiesblog@gmail

Reactions: 8yearsglobal

Hourless Life

Rank VI
Investor

Explorer I

Fulltime Travelers
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Highland
Member #

Hey @Jeepsies ! Man, I'm jealous. Enjoy your trip buddy! And you know, of course, that I can personally vouch for @ChepoCDT ! Glad you guys are getting to link up! Chepo's one heck of a nice guy and a great tour guide! One day I'll go back!
Really looking forward to hanging with @ChepoCDT and friends.

Reactions: ChepoCDT and sabjku