• HTML tutorial

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

I am certain someone has said this already but the MABDR route would be an excellent recommendation for the PA to VA leg of the trip. I rode the VA, WV and MD sections a couple months ago and it was some great riding! Nothing even the tamest of overlanders couldn’t handle. A little tricky in spots by motorcycle though. There are several other accounts of it out there but if you’d like some tips let me know! Also I’ll be following along. Would definitely be interested in seeing how this progresses.

Reactions: 88 yj

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

We understand. My little ones pretty much killed my dual-sport back country exploring.

Now that they are starting to get older... I have gotten a 4wd truck to explore the world with them now. I can't wait!
Reaching the same point myself! Moving from overlanding on my motorcycle to building a forester to do some traveling with the family. Looks like you’re right down the road from me. VB is my old stomping grounds. In NN now. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you have anything planned coming up. Have a few friends in the area looking to get out and meet up with people too.

Reactions: great08

MA_Trooper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Methuen, MA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
BRV
Member #

I am certain someone has said this already but the MABDR route would be an excellent recommendation for the PA to VA leg of the trip. I rode the VA, WV and MD sections a couple months ago and it was some great riding! Nothing even the tamest of overlanders couldn’t handle. A little tricky in spots by motorcycle though. There are several other accounts of it out there but if you’d like some tips let me know! Also I’ll be following along. Would definitely be interested in seeing how this progresses.
Thanks! I'm Definitely considering large sections of some of the BDRs. We will probably have a core of 4-6 rigs for the complete length and then invite a few folks to do sections as we pass through.

Reactions: 88 yj

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

Thanks! I'm Definitely considering large sections of some of the BDRs. We will probably have a core of 4-6 rigs for the complete length and then invite a few folks to do sections as we pass through.
I’m telling you, definitely worth it. Definitely a good time. Tons of water crossings and decently technical sections in WV and VA. What is the timeline for your trip now?

Traveler I

Newport News VA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Byerly
Member #

I have never heard of the MABDR Route. So I just looked into it. It looks like fun!

http://www.advpulse.com/adv-news/mabdr-launched/

It is awesome! Ever since I took my bike up there a couple months ago my friend and I have been talking about taking our vehicles up there for a weekend. I had just barely made it in time while it was still tolerable to camp when I took the bike up (low 30s at night) but it’s a little too chilly to go back just yet. At least as far as what I personally have done before. If we get restless enough we might just go ahead and pull the trigger on it and camp it before the end of this year.

Reactions: great08