Coyote Works

• HTML tutorial

Jeepjk16

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor I

Panhandle FL, USA
Member #

This is truly just sad all the way around for Casey and anyone that this has happened to. It's just sad how people who are attention getting, can go and accuse others of fraud. It sucks alone to go through life and have something traumatic occur and realign your life priorities, but furthermore have someone add more strife to your experience and also accuse you of false claims. It's real sad that in life a person will go around to cause disheartening and discontent! For those that have nothing else better to do, find a new day job and get a life.

resqr1

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Omaha
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Ramaeker
Member #

I was on a fire dept. for almost 10 years. Vehicle fires SUCK!!!! The biggest warning we had was to stay off line from the bumpers. They have gas in them for impact absorption. When they go, it's like a rocket. Saw one video of an instant amputation. They are no joke.
I stopped at one on the interstate last year...mostly to keep people away. I actually saw something I had never seen before. The vehicle was totally involved. All sorts of little explosions. Then out of nowhere a horizontal fire tornado ERUPTED from the passenger side. Shot out at least 10 feet. It was awesome and frightening at the same time. When FD arrived I made sure they knew about that. They looked at me like I was crazy until the trucker next to me verified it.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Since this is the thread that actually has a previous invite to one of Casey's open invitation overland trips ill post up this years open invite. I've been watching his channel religiously lol. Been waiting all year for this. Hope I get to see a few ob members on this trip

Reactions: reaver and sabjku

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Since this is the thread that actually has a previous invite to one of Casey's open invitation overland trips ill post up this years open invite. I've been watching his channel religiously lol. Been waiting all year for this. Hope I get to see a few ob members on this trip
You'll see ghcoe and myself there. He drives a late 70's yellow jeep cherokee and I drive a first gen red chevy colorado.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I've watched a lot of his vids and really enjoy them. IMHO he did a great job getting the right kit out of the Jeep ASAP to make sure he could survive out there, then walk out if he needed to. He also put in a lot of work making sure the fire didn't spread while he had to watch his Jeep burn... something lots of folks (unfortunately) wouldn't do. There are a ton of lessons to be learned from his fire, and I think he handled himself exceptionally well.

-TJ

Last edited:
Reactions: Jaytperry89

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
You'll see ghcoe and myself there. He drives a late 70's yellow jeep cherokee and I drive a first gen red chevy colorado.
I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be driving a ford raptor, and will be bringing a friend in a blueish superduty cant wait to meet you guys!

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'll keep an eye out for you. I'll be driving a ford raptor, and will be bringing a friend in a blueish superduty cant wait to meet you guys!
We're bringing 4 or 5 rigs out. I'm not sure of the total count as of right now though.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I will also be joining. Looking forward to meeting Casey and the others.
I am actually planning to leave Tri-Cities, WA Thursday after work and try to cover at least half of the drive to Brothers,Or.
Thinking that I may take that following Monday off from work So that I can spend Sunday night out in the wild and ease back Monday.

Reactions: Jaytperry89

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I will also be joining. Looking forward to meeting Casey and the others.
I am actually planning to leave Tri-Cities, WA Thursday after work and try to cover at least half of the drive to Brothers,Or.
Thinking that I may take that following Monday off from work So that I can spend Sunday night out in the wild and ease back Monday.
My group will be leaving that morning, we only have about a 3 hr drive from roseburg to brothers. I wanted to leave Thursday evening and stay in bend, the other couple in my group didnt want to go up by themselves in case something happened. So we will be convoying up there lol.

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
As of right now, I won't be driving the colorado, but I'm going to look at an xterra tomorrow, so who knows. If I don't buy one before the trip, I'll be riding in a red jeep grand cherokee, but will still be going either way.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Hey guys. So its just about go time.
HERE is a link to the weather for the Brothers area. It's going to be below freezing at night so be prepared.

AL.WVSN

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Al
Last Name
Mofo
Member #

totally forgot that it was this weekend... Bummer. Now planning on heading elsewhere this weekend.