Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

We like going to the Mayacmas Campground in Cow Mountain, CA
Nice trails to go around too!

Directions

Directions from Ukiah, CA: Exit US 101 at Talmage Road, then 1.5 miles east to Eastside Road. Turn right and proceed 0.3 miles to Mill Creek Road. Turn left on Mill Creek Road 3 miles to Mendo Rock Road (watch for sign to North Cow Mountain). Follow road left , up the mountain approximately 5 miles to "T" intersection. Turn right for approximately 4 miles to Mayacmas Campground turnoff. Turn left at sign and proceed 1 mile to campground.

Reactions: infennonlabs

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

I was just there over the weekend and the fires didn't affect the area too bad if any at all. Trail are easy to medium unless it rained a lot then the mud is really like clay ahah!

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I was up there 2 weeks ago. Did you happen to stumble upon the RV near the water tank? Looked like it slid off the trail near the end of the road.

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

I was up there 2 weeks ago. Did you happen to stumble upon the RV near the water tank? Looked like it slid off the trail near the end of the road.
Yeah, the RV was still there, blocking the trail 100% so I've reported it to BLM but haven't had the chance to go back nor did they email me back confirming it hab been removed...
Are you saying it slid off the trail and it's now accessible?

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Yeah, the RV was still there, blocking the trail 100% so I've reported it to BLM but haven't had the chance to go back nor did they email me back confirming it hab been removed...
Are you saying it slid off the trail and it's now accessible?
Nope, that RV was still blocking the trail, it looked like from where I was that it slid off the trail a bit. It had clearly been ransacked. Hopefully BLM gets around to clearing that mess soon.

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

Anyone knows if the RV is still blocking the trail? I was thinking of heading out there tomorrow...

Xof

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Petaluma, CA
Member #

It's been awhile since I was last there. Did you head up that way this weekend? How's the trail?
I ended up not going and I've emailed the BLM office but no answer on whether or not the trail is clear... Bummer