Launch Member

Member I

San Jose, CA, USA
First Name
Thy
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I didn't pull the trigger on this because of the wheels. Figure it will be static the whole time in my truck bed. Like you said, Cost return policy is killer so regretting it now. I'm looking into Costway orAlpicool which is in the same price range.

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

I ordered the CX40 which is the midsized one. Haven’t received it yet but they are in stock and $260 right now. Big enough for a few days camping. They get really good reviews!

Reactions: Broke

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
I wonder why Costco didn’t show or take pics of the inside of the fridge. Good price though.

RJ Howell

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Auburn, NH USA
First Name
RJ
Last Name
Howell
Member #

I didn't pull the trigger on this because of the wheels. Figure it will be static the whole time in my truck bed. Like you said, Cost return policy is killer so regretting it now. I'm looking into Costway orAlpicool which is in the same price range.
I went Costway 70qt. Best pricing for size I could find with a compressor. So far DC testing has gone very well! Ambient temp 60°-80°, frig set at 36°, battery is a lipo 60ah, running now 48hrs and figure yet another 12 or so hours beforeI hit the 20% mark to stop at. Oh ya, 1/2 case of water in it.

Utahrootbeer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle Mountain, UT, USA
First Name
AW
Last Name
Price
Member #

Same brand is sold at home depot it looks like. Read a bunch of reviews looks wonderful for the Costco price. Under 300 for a 50 quart fridge? Cool

Now is it only a fridge cause it gets to 0 degrees?

PNWoffroader

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Everett, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Means
Looks like they extended the Sale through July 5th on all 3 sizes if anyone is still interested. I am going to give it a try simply because Costco's return policy is so good.

FishinCrzy

Rank V

Advocate I

South Carolina, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

Service Branch
StateHazmatResponder

Had this one for a year and it has done well. Got it with some promotional offer for really good price and an outer insulated cover. When camping I freeze blue ice to put in cooler. When home it has been doing duty as a wine cooler. Very pleased so far.

Utahrootbeer

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Eagle Mountain, UT, USA
First Name
AW
Last Name
Price
Member #

So a update, this is a cooler. It has coils that wrap around horizontally and then a fan to blow cold air from the top down. The lid isn't well insulated so I think I might cut a price of foam for it and then make a insulated cover for the whole thing since it will ride in the bed of my open truck. I'm thinking of making a freezer pocket of blue packs to put popsicles in for the kiddos without having to run the compressor all the time.

diabetiktaco

Local Expert New Jersey, USA
Launch Member

Explorer I

Marlboro Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Beauchea
Member #