Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Budapest, Hungary
First Name
Ferenc
Last Name
Elekes
Member #

Hi, I'm in Costa Rica with my van and kind of stuck (just before shipping from Panama...). The initial diagnosis is that the van broke down due to a solenoid failure.

The part is BOSCH 1467202320

It should be widely available but it's hard to track it down in Costa Rica as I could not find a big chain like Auto Zone or something similar.

Can anyone help where can I try to find this part in Costa Rica?

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Hi Ferenc,

The best thing to do is to create a support request to reach as many members as possible.

This is a small part for the injection pump right? Would it be an idea to buy it abroad to DHL it to Costa Rica? Happy to help to see if it would be available here and how it could best be shipped to Costa Rica. Just let me know.

Bjoern

Overlandsite_Ferenc

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Budapest, Hungary
First Name
Ferenc
Last Name
Elekes
Member #

Hi Ferenc,

The best thing to do is to create a support request to reach as many members as possible.

This is a small part for the injection pump right? Would it be an idea to buy it abroad to DHL it to Costa Rica? Happy to help to see if it would be available here and how it could best be shipped to Costa Rica. Just let me know.

Bjoern
Hi Bjoern, thank you, I didn't know about this. I'll do it now

Reactions: El-Dracho

World Traveler III

Nokomis, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Fazio
Have you been to a large shop? We had to have brake calipers replaced due to a seizure and they were able to get the part from San Jose. Ironically that was after we had returned from the States with a new Power Steering Pump since the quote from Ford was more than it cost for us to fly round trip to the US and buy the part. We just turned it into a 7 week break from the road. What town are you in?

A search for that part landed me on PartsBOS which lists it as a replacement for:

FIAT
9946332 ,
FORD
6185248, 894F9P979AA ,
IVECO
8052562, 9946332, 93160151 ,
MAGIRUS-DEUTZ
93160151 ,
NISSAN
039037960 ,
PERKINS
26420289 ,
RENAULT
5001830476 ,

BOSCH
1467202313, 1467202317

I know there is an Iveco service center in San Jose and IIRC, Nissans are quite prevalent in CR. Not sure if one of those other part numbers will work but, in theory, they should since the Bosch part is also a replacement for them. Sometimes you have to help the mechanic look outside the box by giving them other related part numbers to find a replacement...all assuming that the original diagnosis is correct of course.

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
Thanks @John and Mandi Let´s continue here to have it all in one place and do not loose oversight: