Corvus' Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

Jahalver

Rank 0

Traveler I

I also received the Samsung S2 tablet and the Ram mount system for the 4runner. Very happy with both. Got a great deal on the tablet refurbed on Ebay and it looks and performs brand new.

The mount seems extremely high quality and really stable. The 6in arm will get it closer to the driver seat and also able to move out of the way if needed.

I got in the dual USB socket, but did some research and found the company also makes a 4.8 amp designed for phones and tablets. Opposed to the 2.1 amp, I decided to go that way. I'll be using it to constantly charge the tablet and Garmin GLO, so want to make sure it can keep up
How do you plan on mounting the GLO?

Corvus

Rank 0

Traveler I

Raleigh
How do you plan on mounting the GLO?
Probably going to depend on how strong the signal is, but likely on an anti-skid up on the middle of the dash. I already have a suction cup base there from the previous owner's GPS. Would just route the cable down the the USB socket that will be right below the Ram mount.

Corvus

Rank 0

Traveler I

Raleigh
Got the Garmin GLO tonight and successfully completed a proof of concept. Even indoors in my kitchen, it was picking up over 10 satellites with great signal. It connected to my Samsung S2 flawlessly and I used the Bluetooth GPS App to provide mock locations. On my downloaded section of Google Maps, it flew through navigation. Going to give it a shot going in to work tomorrow. Color me impressed.

Attachments

Corvus

Rank 0

Traveler I

Raleigh
Picked up a 17' Grumman canoe this weekend. The Prinsu rack worked awesome and no problems with stability even at 70mph. Very impressed. Researching ways to be able to fit the Tepui and the canoe. I have a couple ideas. First thing is to get it cleaned up and see if it floats hah

Attachments