Corral Hollow Trail: How is the Snow? | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

Corral Hollow Trail: How is the Snow?

Discussion in 'General Overland Discussion' started by Peter Radsliff, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Guest, Did you know you can change the look of your Overland Bound forums? At the bottom of this page look for the Style Chooser! All previous and new light and dark themes are available. Pick something you like!
Hi Guest, Become a Member to gain access to the Member Forums, Member Map, Member Calendar of Events, and Rally Point overland trip planner! Click this link "Learn More" for more information!
  1. Peter Radsliff

Member #:

Map
    I’m thinking of camping on Corral Hollow Trail this weekend. Does anyone know how difficult the snow is right now (Feb 11, 2019)? I am intending on going from the Cabbage Patch Maintenance Station side, which is much easier than over by Bear Valley. I’m going to guess way too much snow, but thought I would ask.

2. RedBeard

RedBeard Rank III

Member #:

Map
    I tried going up there around this time last year, the snowpack was too deep. It's snowed way more this year, so It'll likely be inaccessible. But, if you do go, post your findings!

3. Peter Radsliff

Member #:

Map
    Thanks, RedBeard.

4. slomatt

slomatt Rank III

Map
  5. RangerBill

RangerBill Rank II

Member #:

Map
    I drove to Bear Valley today. There's absolutely no way a wheeled vehicle can do Corral Hollow in winter. Snowmobile, maybe. Snow cat, probably. Otherwise, you're looking at a long snowshoe or back-country ski.

RedBeard and sakiwest like this.
  6. Peter Radsliff

Member #:

Map
    Thanks, RangerBill. I thought that would be the case, but am glad to have confirmation.