Corral Hollow trail conditions

• HTML tutorial

slomatt

Rank V

Influencer I

Bay Area, CA
This map https://www.fs.fed.us/r5/webmaps/SierraSnowDepth/ indicates no snow near Corral Hollow, but I would take that with a grain of salt. Bear Valley Ski Area is just a few miles away and unfortunately they just recovered a body from the snow there a few days ago, so there are still drifts in the area. You could call the ranger station in Arnold, they might be able to give you some up to date information.

The trail is still likely very wet from the snow melt, so if you do go up please be careful not to spin your tires and dig any ruts that will be there for the rest of the season and can cause erosion issues.

Reactions: Saints&Sailors

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

We’ll be on the corral hollow trail for the day. We’ll see you up there!

Sent from my iPad using OB Talk
We ended up going from Slickrock all the way over the mountain to north of Hwy88. 60 miles of forest roads. Chainsaw was required in a couple spots. Stopped at Calaveras Dome to check out the incredible view. It was awesome. Video later on my YouTube channel (SGT 12XU).

Last edited:
Reactions: infennonlabs

Sgt12XU

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sunnyvale, CA
Member #

Reactions: JaimyMac630

ravenplague

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Santa Cruz, CA
Member #

Hey guys,
One year later and wondering the same thing. I read on another site that it might be closed until June 30th 2019. Does anyone have any current info?
Thank you in advance

RangerBill

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
Member #

I posted this on another thread. As of yesterday, the west entrance at Cabbage Patch is blocked by a locked gate. The east entrance by Bear Valley is blocked by 4+ feet of snow. It will be a while (mid-July?) before it's passable.

Reactions: ravenplague

06tacodude

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Morgan Hill, California, United States
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Alarcon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6GLP
I posted this on another thread. As of yesterday, the west entrance at Cabbage Patch is blocked by a locked gate. The east entrance by Bear Valley is blocked by 4+ feet of snow. It will be a while (mid-July?) before it's passable.
July 10: Cabbage Patch gate is open, but I ran into a snow pack about 1/3mile before the camping spot. Ended up driving back down to the valley and camping overnight.
108052 108051
My first attempt was on the eastern entrance near Bear Valley and only got 0.9mi before encountering snow mounds and a fallen tree which I failed to climb after spending 1Hr on it.