Corral Hollow Fall Colors

• HTML tutorial

Dan Tracy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Watsonville, Ca
Member #

We spent this last weekend at our home in Arnold, Ca. and got HAMMERED by the storms that came through Northern California. Arnold got 6 inches of rain on Sunday alone. Monday morning, the skies cleared and I decided that I would drive up to Corral Hollow, a favorite destination for many of our members. Since I drive a 4x4 Sprinter, I took the easy way in (the most western end of the road). I looked at the eastern entrance once and knew that my rig was not going to make it up that climb.
The storm had left a dusting of snow at the upper elevations and the cold weather had begun to turn the leaves on many of the trees both on the way up and around the "Cowboy Cabin".
I could only get one photo to show on this entry so will follow with a second entry.

Attachments

Last edited:

TRL EATR

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

First Name
Scott
Last Name
Bastian
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W1TRL
Love Corral Hollow. My son and I did it in August. Warm and dusty then. Looks beautiful now!

awolfnspirit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Layton, Utah
Member #

Thanks for the pictures. Makes me want to get back into photography. If it exists I haven't found it yet, but when I was into photography it wasn't anything like this community. It should have the same mentality, it doesn't matter what you use. Because of the convenience of the smart phone that's what I find my self using, but it's still not often enough.

Dan Tracy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Watsonville, Ca
Member #

I agree. It doesn't matter what you shoot. Just shoot! Phone cameras these days do an amazing job.
That being said, I travel with two friends who both shoot Nikon while I shoot Canon. There is a constant banter (good natured) about which is better. If one of us misses a shot his equipment has to be the cause. "That wouldn't have happened if you'd been shooting a Canon". And on it goes. For us, at least, its just part of the general BS of 3 guys sharing a common interest and having a good time.