Resolved "Content Not Allowed" Error

• HTML tutorial

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

I'm trying to update the first page of my build thread and keep receiving a "content not allowed" error. This is brand new.

I used to be able to add something to my rig, document it in a new post, and then link that post to my first page. Now I cant change anything or add any words to the first page of my build thread.
3.jpg

In this instance I'm trying to add "ARB 2500x2500 Awning with Gzilla Designs Mounts" and it wont even allow me to do that.

I've already emailed info@overlandbound.com with no answer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Chadlyb

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I'm trying to update the first page of my build thread and keep receiving a "content not allowed" error. This is brand new.

I used to be able to add something to my rig, document it in a new post, and then link that post to my first page. Now I cant change anything or add any words to the first page of my build thread.
View attachment 138790

In this instance I'm trying to add "ARB 2500x2500 Awning with Gzilla Designs Mounts" and it wont even allow me to do that.

@Michael

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

View attachment 138790

I had the same issue over the weekend and also already emailed info@overlandbound.com with no answer. I had to remove every URL link from my post to get it to post.
Seemed like I had gone over some # limit for links and once tripped for a post you could not go back. Preview also failed with the same error.

Boort

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

View attachment 138790

Are you pasting content from another document or site post?

I've run into the same issue in the past and it was the formatting. Try pasting into Notepad (to remove the formatting) and then paste into OB. You will need to re-add the images.

Reactions: Boort

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

At this point I was just trying to add the words (without linking) "ARB 2500x2500 Awning with Gzilla Designs Mounts" and it wouldn't even let me do that.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL

View attachment 138790

It is the number of links in the post most likely.

We have a spam attack and have since added restrictions around the number of links you can add to a post. In this case, if you edit a previously added post with too many links, you will get this. I'm going to increase the limit - try again!

M

Reactions: A10MileHusker

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

It is the number of links in the post most likely.

We have a spam attack and have since added restrictions around the number of links you can add to a post. In this case, if you edit a previously added post with too many links, you will get this. I'm going to increase the limit - try again!

M
I just tried (both linking and just text) and still received the error.

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Can you provide a link to the specific post? Thank you!

View attachment 138815

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@Michael there have also been reports where pictures and attachments aren’t loading... like this one for me

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
@Michael there have also been reports where pictures and attachments aren’t loading... like this one for me

Which specific post? Can you give me the number in that thread? Thank you!

Attachments

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
Try again :)

I'm loosening the requirements. If we get a bad amount of spam i'll have to tighten up again.

M

Reactions: M Rose