Loveland, Colorado
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Houston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WØNUT Extra
Full load of spices, Worch, Soy, Mustard, Ketchup, Siracha, Mayo, Brown Sugar, BBQ Sauce (when I am too lazy to make my own)

Last edited:

Terry Pickens

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Evansville, WY, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
Pickens
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7FTV
Always in my food stuff's is mustard, catsup and hot sauce. Add to it if needed by menu planning.

Jeff B

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Putnam County, New York, USA
Member #

I use the little packets for ketchup, mustard, mayo, and hot sauce. One alternative to hot sauce that I have used, are Tapatio packets. It is like a dry hot sauce spice packet; I always used them to spice up soups and the sort.

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

Nice, but after 20+ years of having to eat them things (MRE’s)....No more for this guy.
I know how you feel. When I enlisted in January '89, MREs were truly wretched. At Hohenfels the next winter, we field tested the magnesium heater packs. They hadn't worked out the bugs yet, and the packs had the annoying tendency to explode. Out in the snow, freezing your butt off, with a 5 meter chicken ala king kill radius...
Over the next two decades, they made the quantum leap to.......mediocre. I've tried some of the civilian offerings (like Meal Kit Supply), and some of them have potential. But even those need some doctoring to make them palatable for any length of time in the field.

Reactions: Hafaday

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I know how you feel. When I enlisted in January '89, MREs were truly wretched. At Hohenfels the next winter, we field tested the magnesium heater packs. They hadn't worked out the bugs yet, and the packs had the annoying tendency to explode. Out in the snow, freezing your butt off, with a 5 meter chicken ala king kill radius...
Over the next two decades, they made the quantum leap to.......mediocre. I've tried some of the civilian offerings (like Meal Kit Supply), and some of them have potential. But even those need some doctoring to make them palatable for any length of time in the field.
Haha. Yep, the good ole’ days.

Call me crazy.. but the old dark brown MRE package that you could not open, even with a knife were the best. Loved the scalloped potatoes and ham. The dried fruit was fun to crunch. or just suck on it till it became mushy.

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

Call me crazy.. but the old dark brown MRE package that you could not open, even with a knife.
Lol! If you could stitch those things together, you could make a pretty good flak jacket! I can picture the engineers sitting back in the comfort of their offices having a laugh at those poor dumb privates out in the field stabbing MREs to death with bayonets trying to get them open....

Reactions: MuckSavage

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Lol! If you could stitch those things together, you could make a pretty good flak jacket! I can picture the engineers sitting back in the comfort of their offices having a laugh at those poor dumb privates out in the field stabbing MREs to death with bayonets trying to get them open....
[emoji38] Hell’s yeah!

Not to get off topic. The bags themselves cut right, made for some great splints for the fingers. Used them things for funnels and all kinds of good stuff.

Reactions: Lunch Box

Lunch Box

Rank IV

Advocate II

[emoji38] Hell’s yeah!

Not to get off topic. The bags themselves cut right, made for some great splints for the fingers. Used them things for funnels and all kinds of good stuff.
Yep. One of those bags + enough zip ties = radiator hose repair...

Back to the topic: I'm looking into having a Cholula belt holster made. I'm only half joking...

Reactions: Hafaday