Rank III

Enthusiast III

Glenwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Oldenburg
Member #

Folks - From the area, but need to expand my circle to people into Overlanding. It is a work in progress, but sure would like to build up the community. The people I know seem to be hardcore mudders,etc. While fun, I would like to get out and not completely beat up my 4runner. I live in Washington at the base of Mt Adams. Fun running some Forest Service roads, but would love to meet up with others because this is not nearly as much fun alone. White Salmon? Hood River? The Dalles? Washington and Oregon sides of the river. I would love to start a group around here and be active in new adventures. Meet up for coffee (ok beers twist my arm) and then get into some adventures. Don't mean for this to be a TINDER ad, just looking for some people to get out and take some adventures.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Folks - From the area, but need to expand my circle to people into Overlanding. It is a work in progress, but sure would like to build up the community. The people I know seem to be hardcore mudders,etc. While fun, I would like to get out and not completely beat up my 4runner. I live in Washington at the base of Mt Adams. Fun running some Forest Service roads, but would love to meet up with others because this is not nearly as much fun alone. White Salmon? Hood River? The Dalles? Washington and Oregon sides of the river. I would love to start a group around here and be active in new adventures. Meet up for coffee (ok beers twist my arm) and then get into some adventures. Don't mean for this to be a TINDER ad, just looking for some people to get out and take some adventures.
Arron, If you log into the member map on a webrowser you can send out a mass message to those near you... it looks like there are quite a few members just south of you around The Dalls and Lyon, Washington. There is also a very active group in the Tri-Cities.

Welcome to the crew.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
@TeachAO Kennewick is exactly 2 hours from my place... so I understand the drive...
Check out The Tri-Cities Club House. It’s a general topic thread where locals chat about everything Overlanding, and a lot of events that never get posted to the Rally Points are started in the thread.

Reactions: KAIONE and Kent R

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
I was down on the Klickitat last Saturday to meetup with a buddy.

I am wanting to explore the John Day river some. Also, would like to run the roads south of the Dalles. If I plan something I will make sure your on the list.

TeachAO

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Glenwood, Washington, United States
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Oldenburg
Member #

I am wanting to explore the John Day river some. Also, would like to run the roads south of the Dalles. If I plan something I will make sure your on the list.
That would be fun! The Klickitat River is minutes from my house. Definitely places to explore!

MrWilsonWJ

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kennewick, WA
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Wilson
Member #

Welcome from the Tri Cities! I spent a lot of last summer out between HWY 12 and HWY 410 and was wanting to do more south of 12 towards Adams this coming summer so I'll keep you in mind when I head that way. If you know of any good winter places around your area I'd be interested. I was out 2 weeks ago around the Heppner Or area playing in the snow.

Cascadianoverlander

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Vancouver, Washington, United States
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Davidson
Member #

I’m also over in Vancouver and would love to get out for some day trips this spring. Explored a bit around Rimrock Area this past summer with intentions to go back out soon. I also just planned out a fun, but not super intense (hopefully) forest road route going from down by Klickitat north and coming out close to Randle on Hwy 12. Looks like a good overnight trip if anyone is interested.
For the most part all my buddies have moved and are spread around the west, so I need to get out and drink campfire beers soon. I pretty much just work and spend all my spare time hanging out with my kids, which is great, but dad needs some normal adult interactions as well.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have been wanting to explore Ape Cannon on the SE side of St Helens. I've read the stories about it, might be fun.

pcstockton

Rank III

Advocate I

Portland, OR
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
S

Which part of the John Day???? It is the 4th longest undammed river in the lower 48!

Seriously though. It goes through a ton of beautiful areas and has awesome fishing.

Overlanding and dispersed camping is a little tough on some stretches due to lots of private property on the river especially as you head north. And most of the established sites are boat-in/walk-in.

Cottonwood Canyon area is awesome.

Reactions: KAIONE and TeachAO

twiget

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

On the Road
Member #

Anything happening in here? I'm in the PDX area and it would be great to head out with some like minded OB'ers.

Reactions: KAIONE

KAIONE

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Vancouver, WA, USA
First Name
Kanak
Last Name
Attack
Member #

I’m new and I’m up for whatever. Never been. Mostly hanging around Larch Mtn. Keep me posted please.

ifellonscissors

Rank II

Contributor III

Redmond, WA, USA
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Fish
Member #

Just bumping this thread. Maybe some new members on and trying to test interest.
New member with interest in getting out and exploring. I'm in Redmond but don't mind driving (on pavement) for a bit of adventure. I have a new ride and I'm anxious to get out and learn what it can do.

Reactions: KAIONE